From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Excel found!
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 13:40:35 -0400

Just ran across a website that features Excel v2.1!!!  Grab it while you
can.  Incidently, the original abandonware site I got my Excel v2.1 from
*did* feature it and somehow it was removed.  Don't know if they were forced
to though.   If boot/app. run speed is of the essence (and on the Poqet, *IT
IS!*)  be sure to get your copy of Windows v2.03 as well.

Q:  I've tried to work with Lotus 123.v2 for the Poqet, but I was not able
to have it handle arrays as Excel can.  Can anyone out there tell me if
Lotus 123 can and how?

Incidently, I understand that Excel v2.1 should already have a runtime
version of Windows already included.  It was setup that way so that people
who didn't want to invest in Windows could still run Excel as a stand alone
app.  A nice little plus for collectors of Windows versions.  Happy
downloading!  -Bill

The Link:   http://www.abandonkeep.com/

Window Links by MOY, WILLIAM <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>

From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Window Links
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 18:03:07 -0400

And yet another link for those interested in Windows version 1.01 and v1.03:
http://www.techknight.com/  I've decided to share this link because, my
search for "abandonware" doesn't seem to lead me back to this site.  The
rare City Runner seems like a fun program to run on the Poqet, but I haven't
tried it yet.  -Bill

Re: Window Links by David Wolf <dave.wolf@xxxxxxxx>

From: "David Wolf" <dave.wolf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Window Links
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 18:07:14 -0700

Speaking of abandoned apps, I downloaded the last DOS-based Word--Word 5.0--
for use on my Poqet, thinking I could save formatting info as I transfer the
file to my desktop and work on it with Word97.  But unless I'm very much
mistaken, the old version of Word is so different, it would be like learning
an entirely new program.  Does anyone know for sure if formatting, line
breaks and the like are retained from 5.0 to 97?  (Is it worth my time &
effort to learn 5.0?)  I currently have a very nice and very old WP program
called WordVision that works great on the Poqet, fits on the original 64K
card(!!!) and does everything except columns and fonts.  The only problem is
when I transfer it to Word97, I get some spurious spaces and the like that I
have to go through and fly-spec out.  Anyone with experience bouncing
between 5.0 and 97?  Comments wd be most appreciated!  --Dave Wolf
dave.wolf@xxxxxxxx

RE: Window Links by Feldman, Robert <Robert_Feldman@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Feldman, Robert" <Robert_Feldman@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 07:32:44 -0600

City Runner is a nice program -- the winner of a contest to do a game of 4K
or less, but it appears to need more than CGA. I have been unable to get any
of the four variants to run on my PQ181. The machine locks up and requires a
reset.

From: Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Windows on Poqet plus ?
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 09:19:04 -0700

Couple of days ago someone posted links to Windows 2.0.3 and Excel 2.1 here and
I thought I'd try to get these two apps up and running on my Poqet Plus.

Got them to install in seperate dircetories on my flsh card but when I try to
run windows I get garbage and a "Wrong version of DOS" error ??

Any idea how I can get these programs to work ?

Mike, W9WIS

RE: Windows on Poqet plus ? by MOY, WILLIAM <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>

From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Windows on Poqet plus ?
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 10:38:14 -0400

Windows2.03 runs fine on Classic Poqet under ROM DOS 3.3; be sure to set
Poqet in graphics mode before running, Poqet-F3 (the circle).  I haven't
tried it on the Plus yet.  I think the Plus has ROM DOS v5.  In any case,
I've been able to force boot the Classic to DOS 5 (via a: drive) and still
run Windows2&3, no prob.  FYI.

I'll try to pop in my SRAMs into my plus and see if I can run the programs
and report back.

Till then...   -Bill

Re: Windows on Poqet plus ? by Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 09:57:18 -0700

"MOY, WILLIAM" wrote:

> > Windows2.03 runs fine on Classic Poqet under ROM DOS 3.3; be sure to set
> > Poqet in graphics mode before running, Poqet-F3 (the circle).  I haven't
> > tried it on the Plus yet.  I think the Plus has ROM DOS v5.

Yes the Plus is DOS 5...... I also have a Classic and that's 3.3........

Let me know what you find out on ruinning 2.0.3 in your Plus

Mike

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009