From: "Dave Gw" <kjg@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Y2K and Poqet
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 23:04:25 -0700

all three of my pluses work fine by just setting the date normally with the
year as 2000.  No problem. (so does my Classic!!)
From: "Richard E. Robinson" <rerobins@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Thanks Re:  Y2K and Poqet
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 07:44:17 -0400

Thanks to everyone for the info on the Poqet and Y2K.  I must have a case
of brain rot, I was trying the format xx/xx/00 instead of xx/xx/2000.
Sheesh, it even showed me how to do it on the screen.

Rick Robinson kf4ar

DCS by C. Lamar Derk <n3at@xxxxxxxx>

From: "C. Lamar Derk" <n3at@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: DCS
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 19:26:36 -0400

I have been frustrated in trying to get my Poqet plus to converse with
this computer. For a while the exchange was working, using the PC and
PCS commands. But now when I try to use them, I am told that a file
called "DCS" neesds to be running on both machines for an exchange to
take place. I thought I had DCS, but in running directories on both
machines, I find that it is missing. Does anyone know how to solve this
puzzle? Any help would be much appreciated.
- Lamar

Re: DCS by PDouglas12@xxxxxxxx

From: PDouglas12@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DCS
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 20:26:28 EDT

Lamar,  DCS is called PCS on your machine.  And DC is called PC.
72,

Preston Douglas WJ2V

Re: DCS by C. Lamar Derk <n3at@xxxxxxxx>

From: "C. Lamar Derk" <n3at@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 21:53:38 -0400

Hi Preston - good to hear from you again! My problem is that I am not
getting a connection between the two computers, and the error message
tells me that DCS must be running on both machines. Does that mean I
need to use PCS on both, and only PC on one of them? The system did work
for a while, but lately I can't get the connection. Sorry I missed both
Atlanticon and Dayton - I could have spoken with you or some other
experts on the Poqet and maybe found the answer to my problem there. But
I was  unable to attend either one. My wife has cancer, and I could not
leave her here alone. We hope she will go into remission before too
long, and then maybe I can get to a NJQRP meeting or  some other meeting
to discuss this with someone.

Best wishes, and thank you again for your response.

72 de Lamar

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009