From: "C. Lamar Derk" <n3at@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Couple of questions.
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 19:42:47 -0400

Greetings to all you Poqet-ers out there. I would appreciate answers to
several questions about my Poqet plus, if anyone knows the answers.

First - I have the null modem cable to connect mine to my desktop. I
note that there is some kind of connector next to the serial connector
on the Poqet. Does anyone know what that is for? Could it possibly be to
connect a mouse to the little unit?

Several people have reported that they are running windows on the Poqet
plus, and I wonder if that's how they do it.

Another question - I have been trying to  use the PC - PCS combination
to transfer files from the desktop to the Poqet. When I try, I am told
that DCS must be loaded and running on the server machine. I don't have
DCS on either my Poqet or my desktop. Is there a source for that file
available somewhere?

And, is there another program that will let my computers talk to each
other?

Any help will be greatly appreciated/

- Lamar

Re: Couple of questions. by Dave Gw <kjg@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Dave Gw" <kjg@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Couple of questions.
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 17:50:42 -0700

A much better program to transfer files is XPORT  It is an old DOS standard
and I use it all the time with my classic and plus Poqet's and my Pentium
PC.   You can find it on several DOS archive webb sites, it is freeware
often listed as XPORT21.  It includes a manual and a program to "force" a
copy onto the Poqet to start with.  If you can't find it send me a blank
disk for a PC and I will send it to you or, if you are trusting, send me one
of the Poqet memory cards and I will load it for you. Dave  KB7XZ

Re: Couple of questions. by C. Lamar Derk <n3at@xxxxxxxx>

From: "C. Lamar Derk" <n3at@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 23:22:46 -0400

Thank you for your reply, Dave. I found XPORT and have downloaded it. Looks like
it's "just what the doctor ordered!" Too late to play with it tonite, but
tomorrow I will print out the manual, and load the program into my Poqet! Thank
you for your help!!!

- Lamar

Dave Gw wrote:

> A much better program to transfer files is XPORT  It is an old DOS standard
> and I use it all the time with my classic and plus Poqet's and my Pentium
> PC.   You can find it on several DOS archive webb sites, it is freeware
> often listed as XPORT21.  It includes a manual and a program to "force" a
> copy onto the Poqet to start with.  If you can't find it send me a blank
> disk for a PC and I will send it to you or, if you are trusting, send me one
> of the Poqet memory cards and I will load it for you. Dave  KB7XZ

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009