From: "Feldman, Robert" <Robert_Feldman@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: How can I use the expansion bus?
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:48:22 -0600

Does anyone have any experience with using the PQ-0181 expansion connector?
I have an ISA disk controller card that can be used as a secondary
controller and has its own BIOS. I am currently using this card to add a
1.44MB floppy to an XT that has MS-DOS 3.1. I would like to be able to hook
the card to the Poqet via the expansion bus to add a 360K and a 1.44MB
floppy to the Poqet. The bus appears to have all of the necessary signals
(except the 5V lines, which I can supply). Can I just run wires from the
expansion bus (using an edge connector I can etch) to the card, or do I
somehow need to condition the lines or provide some sort of line
termination?

Robert A. Feldman
Robert_Feldman@xxxxxxxx

memory card filesystem layout? by Paul Fox <pgf@xxxxxxxx>

From: Paul Fox <pgf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: memory card filesystem layout?
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 18:22:48 -0400

is anyone accessing poqet memory cards under linux?

i have the linux pcmcia drivers recognizing the cards, and if
i look at the (binary) contents of the devices that are created
when i insert the cards, i see that there's FAT filesystem
information there, but so far i've been unable to actually mount
and access the dos filesystem successfully, though the linux
pcmcia "HOWTO" implies it should "just work".

has anyone done this?

are the poqet memory cards laid out in a "normal" fashion, as far
as the filesystem goes?  are they in general compatible with other
devices that put dos filesystems on these cards?  my experience with
these cards is limited strictly to the poqet pc...

paul
Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009