From: pixie@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Serial connector problems
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:52:39 -0800

Hi all,
I have a poqet with a serial adaptor (not the cable, just the
adaptor). I can use this with a modem cable to talk to a modem
at 9600bps, but when I use the adaptor and a null modem cable
(with a step-down adaptor from 25->9 pin) I have problems talking
to my windows machine.
The cable works fine with other machines on the end of it, and
the serial port on the PC is fine, so what gives?

specifically I am having trouble using the zip transfer program,
although zipdup works well enough. Also, How in the name of a
random deity do i get the PqLink  to work? I have all the software,
load VNA amd the program starts fine, I can just never establish
a connection. I have tried all the tricks i know of with the
powermode on the poqet, but things are just a bit difficult,
and I dont know why!

Thank You

Steven Pirie-Shepherd PhD
***insert pithy phrase here***

-----

RE: Serial connector problems by dd diaz <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>

From: dd diaz <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Serial connector problems
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:05:32 -0500 (EST)

The answer depends on which Poqet you have.  I might be able
to help with the Classic, but I still have not figured out
the Plus yet.

Domingo

[...]

Sent using MailStart.com ( http://MailStart.Com/welcome.html
)
The FREE way to access your mailbox via any web browser,
anywhere!

Re:windows by Steve <smb@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Steve" <smb@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:windows
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 21:09:47 -0000

Looking for the files to run early windows on the Poqet. I know they are
somewhere in the archive. Could some kind soul show me where.

Thanks

Steve

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009