From: ddvteach@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Poqet Plus and large flash cards.
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 00:06:29 -0500

Hi again.  I have a big problem.  I formatted a 96meg flash card in my
Poqet Plus with the FORMAT command (PQFORMAT is apparently for SRAM
cards, and it did not work for flash anyway).   Before I formatted the
card, it was preformatted and almost full, and it recognized part of the
drive, but not all.  After formatting, same behaviour!!   Apparently the
files which were added last are not recognized, but the files at the
beginning are fine.   The whole disk is recognized in my desktop and my
HP200LX.   In my Poqet Plus I get  an "Invalid media type" error .  Also,
an Interrupt 24 failure (when I select Fail during the above error
report).   At one time it report it reported an error reading or reaching
the AUX device (whatever that is).

Do I have a bad machine?  Has anyone been able to use your entire flash
card with your Poqet Plus (96 megs and bigger cards).

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Domingo

Poqet Plus: ramdisk or pqemm by ddvteach@xxxxxxxx

From: ddvteach@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Poqet Plus:   ramdisk or pqemm
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 13:57:16 -0500

I am having trouble either getting drive E: or EMM.    I followed the
directions
on Al Wongs site (I don't have a manual), but I get neither.  The strange
part is
that I don't get an error message either.  Does it make any difference
where
you put it on config.sys?   With no manual, I don't know.

Anyone with experience on this please help!

Domingo

Poqet Plus: newer files by ddvteach@xxxxxxxx

From: ddvteach@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Poqet Plus: newer files
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 13:49:00 -0500

Hi.   Could someone let me know if they have files with different sizes
and dates than the following?
I am having some configuration trouble.  If your machine is more recent
than 1993, this becomes most important:

 Volume in drive D has no label
 Volume Serial Number is 600F-0100
 Directory of D:\

PQCCU    EXE      5168 10-20-93   3:10p
PQSS     EXE      5402 07-22-93   3:38p
FLASHUTY EXE     67391 09-07-93   8:59a
PQEMM    SYS      8829 07-22-93   3:22p
PQCARD   COM      5514 10-27-93   3:01p
RAMDISK  SYS      2057 07-22-93   9:21a
PPLUS    RSC      1868 05-27-93   4:29p
PC       EXE     36075 02-04-92   4:43p
PCS      EXE     51179 02-04-92   4:38p
BCR      EXE      3124 11-15-93   3:50p
       10 file(s)     186607 bytes
                      327680 bytes free

 Volume in drive C is FPSI DOSROM
 Volume Serial Number is 0002-100A
 Directory of C:\

FORMAT   COM     33087 01-08-93   5:00a
PQFORMAT COM      5510 09-13-93   3:49p
PQSETUP  COM      8171 11-01-93   4:56p
PQTIME   COM       158 05-04-93  10:59p
PQAUTO   COM       350 10-07-93   2:35p

Re: Poqet Plus: ramdisk or pqemm by Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Poqet Plus:   ramdisk or pqemm
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 15:10:24 -0600

ddvteach@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I am having trouble either getting drive E: or EMM.    I followed the
> directions
> on Al Wongs site (I don't have a manual), but I get neither.  The strange
> part is
> that I don't get an error message either.  Does it make any difference
> where
> you put it on config.sys?   With no manual, I don't know.
>
> Anyone with experience on this please help!
>
> Domingo

The Plus defaults to look for the Config.sys on drive A (unless you use pqset
up to change this).  Be sure there is not already one there.  Next...... type
edlin and change the line by deleting the rem and changing the ram disk size
to 1024.  exit edlin.  Now you need to copy your config.sys and autoi
exec.bat to drive a (not necessay but a very good idea)...... and then do a
control, alt delete to reboot.  Your drive e:\ should now exist.

Regards,

Mike

--
Michael Melland, W9WIS
Winneconne, Wisconsin, USA

Re: Poqet Plus: ramdisk or pqemm by ddvteach@xxxxxxxx

From: ddvteach@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 19:36:09 -0500

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000 15:10:24 -0600 Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>
writes:
> The Plus defaults to look for the Config.sys on drive A (unless you
use pqset
> up to change this).  Be sure there is not already one there.
Next...... type
> edlin and change the line by deleting the rem and changing the ram
disk size
> to 1024.  exit edlin.  Now you need to copy your config.sys and  autoi
> exec.bat to drive a (not necessay but a very good idea)...... and  then
do a
> control, alt delete to reboot.  Your drive e:\ should now exist.

Done already, but on drive B: (I pressed Fn Esc to switch the drives
around).  I
retried it your way, and it did not work.   Any other thoughts?

Domingo

P.S. Pqsetup has an I/O option which I wonder if it might help at all.
I don't know how to use it.

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009