From: dd diaz <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Poqet Plus help!
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:36:21 -0500 (EST)

Could someone please send me a quick summary of basic Poqet
Plus setup and functionality? I still don't have a manual.
I need the information that is not on Al Wong's Poqet Plus
site.  I am a smart guy, so super brief, almost criptic
descriptions are ok with me, just so I have something to
start with!

Anyone got an extra manual they could part with?

TIA

Domingo

P.S.  I need to know in particular how to setup  the power
management and what the different indicators mean.

Re: Poqet Plus help! by Eli Naeher <enaeher@xxxxxxxx>

From: Eli Naeher <enaeher@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Poqet Plus help!
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:15:02 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, dd diaz wrote:

> P.S.  I need to know in particular how to setup  the power
> management and what the different indicators mean.

Similar info for the Poqet Classic (re:indicators) would be much
appreciated.

--eli

Poqet Plus cracked hinge questions by dd diaz <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>

From: dd diaz <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Poqet Plus cracked hinge questions
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:49:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi.   Has anyone attempted to fix a cracked Poqet Plus hinge
yet? I got one from Ebay from the guy who recently posted
about quitting the list (who did not bother to tell me the
whole story about the condition of his machine.  I got two
batteries, a charger and a cable from the deal, so it could
have been worst.)

Someone on the list mentioned that the Poqet Plus' screen
cable is in the center, but the entire middle section of the
Poqet Plus is empty.  The screen touches the lower half by
the hingues only.
My question is, which hinge has the cable?  I ask because if
it is on the left, my machine is doomed, but if it is on the
right, there is hope.
I am thinking of attempting to disassemble the screen, so as
to see if I can fix and reinforce the left hinge.  It has a
significant hole on the back, two crack on the front which
try to open when I move the screen, and a crack part way up
the back of the screen, visible when I attempt to close the
screen.  The screen is rather wobly.  Does this sound like
any of yours?  What did you do about it?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Domingo

Re: Poqet Classic help! by dd diaz <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>

From: dd diaz <ddvteach@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Poqet Classic help!
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:58:33 -0500 (EST)

Fortunately for you all that information about the Poqet
Classic is readily available from the Poqet web site.
Specifically at
http://www.best.com/~bmason/PoqetPC/faq.html#StatusLine
it explains all about the status lines.  Look at the rest of
the site for tons of more information.  Unfortunately there
isn't such a complete site for the Poqet Plus.

Re: Poqet Plus help! by Bettaglass@xxxxxxxx

From: Bettaglass@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 18:30:45 EST

Give me a day or 2, and I will scan in the booklet for you. Will that be ok.

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009