From: Hank Kohl  K8DD <k8dd@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: SanDisk CompactFlash
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 22:16:34 -0500

Just got a Poqet Plus a week ago and saw a good deal on
SanDisk Compact Flash cards and adapters, so another guy
and I picked up two 8MB cards with the adapters.  My lap
top recognizes them and I can put files on the compact
flash, but the Poqet won't recognize it.  I get a
"Not ready reading drive B
Abort, Retry, Fail"
Or drive A, if that's where it is.
Any help?

Also.....We didn't get any serial cables.  Not holding my
breath, but does anyone have any extras, or any little
plugs, or any place we can get a couple?

Thanks     Hank    K8DD
k8dd@xxxxxxxx

*/     Hank Kohl  K8DD      k8dd@xxxxxxxx
*/     ARRL TS              http://www.tir.com/~k8dd
*/     MI-QRP - Vice Pres.  QRP-ARCI - Director
*/
*/	Did you know you can email money with PayPal.com?
*/     Check this out:
*/	https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=k8dd%40arrl.net

Re: SanDisk CompactFlash by Keith Miller <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Keith Miller" <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: SanDisk CompactFlash
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 23:42:26 -0500

you need to load 3 programs.

pqss
pqccu
pqcard
they are usually located on D..

put them in your config sys in that order and then format the drive..
you need to format it on the poqet,
I have a 8 meg one working this way.

Poqet Plus Manual, help! by ddvteach@xxxxxxxx

From: ddvteach@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Poqet Plus Manual, help!
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 09:41:43 -0500

Hi everyone.  I am closing a deal on a Poqet Plus without a manual, and I
was wondering
if anyone could help with one of the following (in order of preference):

1-Sell me a manual.
2-OCR your manual and email it to me as  a zipped text file attacment.
3-Scan your manual as graphic files, and email them to me (warn me before
you do that).
4-Photocopying your manual and mailing it to me (I would of course cover
your costs).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Domingo

Re: Poqet Plus Manual, help! by David B. Jeter <dbjeter@xxxxxxxx>

From: "David B. Jeter" <dbjeter@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Poqet Plus Manual, help!
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 19:09:19 -0600

Domingo,
    Although I have not yet found a manual, in looking through my PP+ stuff,
I did come up with a new, sealed packet which includes an extra handstrap,
stylus, stylus cord(I think), quick reference guide and warranty card. I
don't know if you want this, but if so, send me your address and I'll mail it
out to you. When you get it, take a look and decide what it's worth to you.
You can send me payment then.

David Jeter

Re: Poqet Plus Manual, help! by ddvteach@xxxxxxxx

From: ddvteach@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 21:36:07 -0500

On Mon, 06 Mar 2000 19:09:19 -0600 "David B. Jeter" <dbjeter@xxxxxxxx>
writes:
>     Although I have not yet found a manual, in looking through my  PP+
stuff,
> I did come up with a new, sealed packet which includes an extra
handstrap,
> stylus, stylus cord(I think), quick reference guide and warranty  card.
> don't know if you want this, but if so, send me your address and  I'll
mail it
> out to you. When you get it, take a look and decide what it's worth  to
you.
> You can send me payment then.

Thanks for your offer.   That would be great, except for a small detail.
 If I am not mistaken,
the Poqet Pad Plus is a keyboardless machine, which uses a stylus on the
screen as the sole
input device.   What I am getting is the Poqet Plus, a machine with a
keyboard and no stylus input.

So I think we are not talking about the same machine.

From: "David B. Jeter" <dbjeter@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 21:54:09 -0600

Domingo,
    You are correct, but the reason I misunderstood was because the unit you
are getting is known as the Poqet PC Plus, whic is the keyboarded version of
the Poqet Pad Plus. I may have a manual for the PC Plus.  I will try to look
for it this week.

DJ

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009