From: "Roger Fulton" <fultonr@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Help with some cards...
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:30:11 -0500

Hey guys, I am having some problems with two cards and my poqet plus:

One is an official poqet 4mb Flash PC Applications Card.  It seems I can't
write to this on the Poqet or my PC.  Am I missing a driver?

The other is the ROM version of Lotus 123.   When I try to setup, it says to
"Note- before you install, follow the setting up 123 instructions"  Does
anyone have these instructions? If I go ahead and run, it gives me the "123
cannot start because an error occurred while reading the file 123.cmp."

Thanks in Advance,

Roger Fulton

Help with some cards... by Roger Fulton <fultonr@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Roger Fulton" <fultonr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:30:11 -0500

Re: Fixed it!! by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fixed it!!
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 10:36:06 -0800

Hi,

The Poqet PC doesn't have an auto-reset circuit.  When you put the
batteries in, the system doesn't automatically reset itself.  You've got to
do a manual reset with the button.

-- Bryan

Re: Help with some cards... by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Help with some cards...
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 10:35:09 -0800

Hi,

Poqet "Applications Cards" are linear flash cards that can't be written on
the Poqet PC or PC Plus.  They can be read on the Poqets, but require a
desktop PCMCIA card interface capable of programming linear flash cards.

As far as Lotus 1-2-3 is concerned, I think you need to have an SRAM card
in one slot and the 1-2-3 card in the other.  Make the SRAM card your
default drive and then run lotus from the other drive.  For example, if the
Lotus 1-2-3 card is in the left slot (A) and the SRAM card is in the right
slot (B), then you would need to type:

B: <ENTER>
A:123 <ENTER>

And that should start 1-2-3.  The reason for this is that Lotus needs to
write configuration files to the default directory, so the default
directory needs to be the SRAM card.

-- Bryan

Re: Digest poqetpc.v004.n077 by DMorse154@xxxxxxxx

From: DMorse154@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v004.n077
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:10:06 EST

List,
I am using SRAM cards in my Plus with very good results but I can't get the
Flash RAM cards to work no matter what I do.  Are they also 3 and 5 volt?  I
did see some 3 volt SRAMS for sale locally, does that mean there are 5s also,
the cards I have that work are Poqet SRAMS.  I would like to use them as
archive disks and put the program files on the Flash RAMs.  Am I all wet or
is it the rest of the world?
Don Morse

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009