From: PACOBOY1@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Introduction from KF4AR
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:52:02 EST

Hi Rick!

I've had my PC Plus for about a month.
First thing I noticed was not being able
to access the  included 4 Meg Sram card
in my Windows 98 laptop. I did buy a Sandisk
16 Meg compacflash card and PCM card adapter
for a total of $67.00 from PcMall.com and everything
works fine. Your best bet is to go the the Poqet Homepage
at www.best.com/~bmason/poqetpc. There's a wealth of
info  there.

Ihave'nt run into the problem of cracked hinges on mine
so can't help you with that.

                                   Ed

                                  WB2WHQ

RE: Introduction from KF4AR by Feldman, Robert <Robert_Feldman@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Feldman, Robert" <Robert_Feldman@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:07:38 -0700

SRAM cards require a different setup than PC Cards do. In Win95, you need to
add the following two lines to your Config.sys file:

	device=c:\windows\system\csmapper.sys
	device=c:\windows\system\carddrv.exe /slot=n

(where n is the number of PC Card slots in your computer). These lines
assume that csmapper.sys and carddrv.exe are in your C: drive in the
/Windows/system subdirectory.

Be sure to reboot after changing Config.sys.

Re: Want to buy 2MB SRAM card. by Paul Erickson <paule@xxxxxxxx>

From: Paul Erickson <paule@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Want to buy 2MB SRAM card.
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:06:15 -0800

"Feldman, Robert" wrote:

> Does anyone have a 2MB or larger SRAM card that they want to sell? I want to
> up the storage in my Prime from 1 MB per drive to at least 2MB.
>
> Please respond directly to my e-mail, listed below, rather than to the Poqet
> mailing list.
>
> Robert A. Feldman
> J.D. Edwards World Solutions
> 35 East Wacker Drive #2200
> Chicago, IL  60601
> 312-828-0034  ext. 252
> Robert_Feldman@xxxxxxxx

Hi there,

If you get more offers than you can use, please let me know.
--
cheers, Paul - VA7NT (ex VE7CQK) - email: paule@xxxxxxxx

More on SRAM cards and serial stuff by steven pirie-shepherd <pixie@xxxxxxxx>

From: steven pirie-shepherd <pixie@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: More on SRAM cards and serial stuff
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:40:56 -0500

Steven Pirie-Shepherd here,
	well, the answers to my sram card problems were spot on. I was down on
AA power resulting in the Abort, Retry, Fail option that I was getting
when I tried to read my SRAM cards. This is because the cards are 5V not
3V. Having said that, it acted as an early warning system for my
batteries as they died today!
	So thanks everyone for the useful advice.

Serial questions.

I am trying to use zip to transfer files and it is none too stable. My
serial connector only seems to be stable at 4800pbs, which is not as
fast as I would like. Is this this normal for poqet? I know that the
serial port on a lot of older gear (such as my Z88) is only stable at
<9600bps. This makes me fear for trying to use nettamer, can I establish
a PPP connection at 4800bps? It does not seem to be an option within the
nettamer setup routine, which skips from 2400bps to 9600bps on its menu
options. I don't think my ISP will support a 2400bps connection.

Re: Introduction from KF4AR by Richard E. Robinson <rerobins@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Richard E. Robinson" <rerobins@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:23:45 -0500

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reply and the info.  A 4Mb ACE Technologies RAM memory card
came in mine which I was able to read and write to from a Toshiba laptop
running Win98.  I did have to install the PCMCIA utilities on the Toshiba
and it sure made it easier to load files on the PC Plus.  The only problem
is that I can't format it past 2Mb.  I also happened to have a null modem
serial cable that works perfect with the serial adapter, so I'm in pretty
good shape as far as loading data on the PC Plus goes.

I will look the PC Mall webpage and check into the Sandisk products.  I'd
love to have a larger card to use as a "B" drive.

My cracked hinge is one of my weekend projects.

73,

Rick kf4ar

RE: Introduction from KF4AR by MOY, WILLIAM <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>

From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:12:04 -0500

My experience with a 4Mb ACE Technology SRAM card was actually a 2Mb card
that came with an ACE brand of compression software that made it seem like a
4Mb card.  FYI, in case you thought you were missing something...   -Bill

Thanks for the reply and the info.  A 4Mb ACE Technologies RAM memory card
came in mine which I was able to read and write to from a Toshiba laptop
running Win98.  I did have to install the PCMCIA utilities on the Toshiba
and it sure made it easier to load files on the PC Plus.  The only problem
is that I can't format it past 2Mb.  I also happened to have a null modem
serial cable that works perfect with the serial adapter, so I'm in pretty
good shape as far as loading data on the PC Plus goes.

I will look the PC Mall webpage and check into the Sandisk products.  I'd
love to have a larger card to use as a "B" drive.

My cracked hinge is one of my weekend projects.

73,

Rick kf4ar

>Hi Rick!
>
>I've had my PC Plus for about a month.
>First thing I noticed was not being able
>to access the  included 4 Meg Sram card
>in my Windows 98 laptop. I did buy a Sandisk
>16 Meg compacflash card and PCM card adapter
>for a total of $67.00 from PcMall.com and everything
>works fine. Your best bet is to go the the Poqet Homepage
>at www.best.com/~bmason/poqetpc. There's a wealth of
>info  there.
>
>Ihave'nt run into the problem of cracked hinges on mine
>so can't help you with that.
>
>                                   Ed
>
>                                  WB2WHQ

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009