From: "C. Lamar Derk" <n3at@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: E drive
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 13:58:05 -0500

Have been unable to activate the E drive in my Poqet Plus. I edited the
Config.sys file as recommended, and still have no E drive showing. What
more do I need to do? Line 5 now reads:  DEVICE=D:\RAMDISK.SYS 1344.
Have also tried the number 1024, and that doesn't work, either. Any
suggestions? Your help will be appreciated!

Lamar, N3AT

Re: E drive by Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: E drive
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:37:28 -0600

"C. Lamar Derk" wrote:

> Have been unable to activate the E drive in my Poqet Plus. I edited the
> Config.sys file as recommended, and still have no E drive showing. What
> more do I need to do? Line 5 now reads:  DEVICE=D:\RAMDISK.SYS 1344.
> Have also tried the number 1024, and that doesn't work, either. Any
> suggestions? Your help will be appreciated!

Lamar,

You must do a ctrl/alt/delete and reboot after editing the ramdisk.sys line
in your config.sys to create the ramdisk.  I use 1024 ......

Mike Melland
W9WIS

Re: E drive by ddvteach@xxxxxxxx

From: ddvteach@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 15:50:03 -0500

What is your Last drive setting? That might be a factor.

Domingo

Re: E drive by C. Lamar Derk <n3at@xxxxxxxx>

From: "C. Lamar Derk" <n3at@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 19:08:14 -0500

Thank you, Domingo, for your offer of help. I just received the answer to
my problem from Mike. I didn't realize that I had to do a reboot with
control, alt, delete, to complete the process. That did it for me. Thanks
much for your interest and willing ness to help
72 de Lamar, N3AT

ddvteach@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> What is your Last drive setting? That might be a factor.
>
> Domingo
>
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 13:58:05 -0500 "C. Lamar Derk" <n3at@xxxxxxxx>
> writes:
> > Have been unable to activate the E drive in my Poqet Plus. I edited
> the
> > Config.sys file as recommended, and still have no E drive showing.
> > What more do I need to do? Line 5 now reads:  DEVICE=D:\RAMDISK.SYS
> 1344.
> > Have also tried the number 1024, and that doesn't work, either. Any
> > suggestions? Your help will be appreciated!
> >
> > Lamar, N3AT

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009