From: "David B. Jeter" <dbjeter@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: What should I do with all of this stuff??
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 16:10:20 -0600

To all who have read my postings,
    After I finally caught up on my sleep, I  realized a mistake that I have
made. All of my references to Digital Creations were indeed references to
California Digital! I apologize for giving misleading references to a company
that doesn't exist in this market. I was going on a faulted memory of their
name, and was too tired to notice.

David Jeter

Re: What should I do with all of this stuff?? by ddvteach@xxxxxxxx

From: ddvteach@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 19:42:45 -0500

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000 16:10:20 -0600 "David B. Jeter" <dbjeter@xxxxxxxx>
writes:
> To all who have read my postings,
>     After I finally caught up on my sleep, I  realized a mistake
> that I have made. All of my references to Digital Creations were indeed

> references to California Digital! I apologize for giving misleading
references to
> a company that doesn't exist in this market. I was going on a faulted
memory
> of their name, and was too tired to notice.

When I commented on your reference, I did not double check the name of
the company I thought
you were referring to.   The other company is Disks 'n Data.   The owner
is Jerry, and you
can contact him at 1-800-833-6893, email at dndcomp@xxxxxxxx   He
recently had a
fire sale on Poqets.  Jerry told me he was not getting anymore.   Whether
that meant he did
not know of another source, or he was not interested in selling them
anymore, I don't know.
You can contact him and see what he says.  Please let us know what to
expect.
I still maintain what I said about California Digital.

I am still interested in getting a whole Poqet Plus configuration.

Domingo

Re: What should I do with all of this stuff?? by Keith Miller <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Keith Miller" <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 20:46:45 -0500

and I'm interested in anything I can afford <G>

Help needed by C. Lamar Derk <n3at@xxxxxxxx>

From: "C. Lamar Derk" <n3at@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Help needed
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 10:56:35 -0500

My Poqet plus will not boot up. The "on" button does not turn it on or
off. If I hold the Function button down, and press the F5 repeatedly,
eventually there are 3 lines that appear at the top of the screen. They
read as follows;
 BIOS 8086 V3.04
Copyright (c) 1993 Fujitsu Personal Systems, Inc.
All rights reserved.

Below that is a blinking  _

At the bottom of the screen are 3 solid lines, abov the A, C, and the
lightining bolt, which indicates that the battery pack is OK.

What led up to this phenomenon, was an attempt to use the card from one
of the drives in my 181 model. I inserted it into the plus, and ran a
directory on it, which indicated that there was nothing stored on it. I
then tried to bring up the other drive with the card that came with the
Plus, and nothing seemed to work. I used the reset button, and tried
Ctrl, Alt, Del to try to reboot. That's when I got what is showing now.
I am wondering if the little battery that is underneath the body of the
computer may be at fault, or if the Plus is completely gone.  The On
button does not turn it either off or on. I use the reset button to get
to what I indicated is showing on the screen. Can someone suggest what
to do to get it to work again? Help would be greatly appreciated!

- Lamar

Re: Help needed by Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Help needed
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 10:37:08 -0600

"C. Lamar Derk" wrote:

> My Poqet plus will not boot up. The "on" button does not turn it on or
> off. If I hold the Function button down, and press the F5 repeatedly,
> eventually there are 3 lines that appear at the top of the screen. They
> read as follows;
>  BIOS 8086 V3.04
> Copyright (c) 1993 Fujitsu Personal Systems, Inc.
> All rights reserved.
>
> Below that is a blinking  _
>
> At the bottom of the screen are 3 solid lines, abov the A, C, and the
> lightining bolt, which indicates that the battery pack is OK.
>
> What led up to this phenomenon, was an attempt to use the card from one
> of the drives in my 181 model. I inserted it into the plus, and ran a
> directory on it, which indicated that there was nothing stored on it. I
> then tried to bring up the other drive with the card that came with the
> Plus, and nothing seemed to work. I used the reset button, and tried
> Ctrl, Alt, Del to try to reboot. That's when I got what is showing now.
> I am wondering if the little battery that is underneath the body of the
> computer may be at fault, or if the Plus is completely gone.  The On
> button does not turn it either off or on. I use the reset button to get
> to what I indicated is showing on the screen. Can someone suggest what
> to do to get it to work again? Help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> - Lamar

Lamar,

Try pulling the cards out and then doing a reset........ if you put an
unformatted (or wrongly formatted) card in A drive the Plus defaults to
check A drive for the config.sys first.  If it can't read the card it locks
up.  If you pull the cards it skips A and B and boots from C.  Then you
should take the problem card and run pqformat on it..... this will erase
anything on the card and format it.  In the set-up menu of the plus you can
change the boot order......

Mike

--
Michael Melland, W9WIS