From: "Feldman, Robert" <Robert_Feldman@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Windows 3.0a win.ini
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 07:25:18 -0700

These are the colors I have in my modified WIN.ini file:

	Background=0 0 0
	AppWorkspace=127 127 127
	Window=0 0 0
	WindowText=255 255 255
	Menu=191 191 191
	MenuText=0 0 0
	ActiveTitle=192 192 192
	InactiveTitle=63 63 63
	ActiveBorder=127 127 127
	InactiveBorder=255 255 255
	WindowFrame=0 0 0
	ScrollBar=63 63 63

I am running Win 3.0 on a Prime (181). It is interesting that the colors are
reversed from what they would appear to be: 0 0 0 should be black, but shows
white, and 255 255 255 should be white, but shows black. By the way, the
three numbers stand for the red, green, and blue values of the color, and
range from 0 to 255.

The only problem I have with these settings is that some buttons and icons
"fade out" into the background. Otherwise, the text is quite legible on my
Prime (with no back lighting).

From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: poqet model pq0164
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:28:12 -0500

This message is for Robert Feldman:  Hi Robert, I'm always interested in
improving the functionality of Windows3.0 running on the Poqet.  I'm
interested in your cursor enhancement program.  Can you tell me more about
it and where I can obtain a copy?  -Bill Moy

From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: FW: poqet model pq0164
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:41:50 -0500

This message is for Robert Feldman:  Hi Robert, I'm always interested in
improving the functionality of Windows3.0 running on the Poqet.  I'm
interested in your cursor enhancement program.  Can you tell me/us more

Re: Digest poqetpc.v004.n067 by DMorse154@xxxxxxxx

From: DMorse154@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v004.n067
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 21:02:02 EST

List
Has anyone out there got a good copy of Alphaworks that I could copy or
e-mail me. Mine has a bad file some where that won't allow it to boot up.  It
worked fine till I tried to load it and some games onto a sram card.
Thanks
Don Morse

poqet and iomega clik by Alain <wyn@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Alain" <wyn@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: poqet and iomega clik
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:18:23 +10

hi every one,
I was wondering if a iomega clik (the pcmcia version) will work with the poqet
plus.
regards
Alain
Al
Wyn@xxxxxxxx
Melbourne / Australia

What should I do with all of this stuff?? by David B. Jeter <dbjeter@xxxxxxxx>

From: "David B. Jeter" <dbjeter@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: What should I do with all of this stuff??
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:18:06 -0600

I have swapped emails with some of you recently on whether or not I have
this cable or that, and how much. I am currently wrapping up an
extensive inventory of about six to eight pallets of Poqet PC and
PoqetPad systems, accessories, and pre-assemly components. My original
plan was to send the list over to Digital Creations and let them place a
bid for consideration. No doubt, somebody from D.C. is reading this
message, and I still intend on doing this, but I just wanted to get some
user feedback. I do not really know what kind of a following these
Poqets have, and I was curious to know if there is enough happening to
support two sources for hardware. I see many references to people
building serial cables. I've got over a thousand pre-assembly kits for
the proprietary JAE 26-pin and 10-pin cable ends, as well as several
hundred built cables of varied description. What I guess I'm getting to
is this: I don't know if I should take the time to pull onesey-twosey
orders directly, or hope that Digital Creations is interested in all
that I have. If they acquire the supply, you will be assured that they
will have added years to their inventory. I'd appreciate any feedback
you care to give.

David Jeter
Jeter & Associates

Compact flash cards and adapters that work for others? Mine didn't work by Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>

From: Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Compact flash cards and adapters that work for others? Mine didn't work
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:35:38 -0800 (PST)

I bought a 48M Viking compact flash card that came with a PCMCIA
adapter. Plugged it in the Poqet Plus and I got a Format not
supported error. Checked Al Wongs Poqet page and the programs that
are used for the compact flash were loaded in.
So any ideas on what might be wrong?

Also what brands of compact flash cards and adapters do others use?

Thanks for any help!

Jeff

=====
Jeff Jones
AB6MB
NorCal QRP Club #65, QRP-L #1780, ARCI 10071
Radical FIST Member 6798
Voicemail/Fax 1-888-Excite2 ext 925-439-2514
ICQ 62450117
http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Compact flash cards and adapters that work for others? Mine didn't work by ddvteach@xxxxxxxx

From: ddvteach@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:14:41 -0500

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:35:38 -0800 (PST) Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> I bought a 48M Viking compact flash card that came with a PCMCIA
> adapter. Plugged it in the Poqet Plus and I got a Format not
> supported error. Checked Al Wongs Poqet page and the programs that
> are used for the compact flash were loaded in.
> So any ideas on what might be wrong?
> Also what brands of compact flash cards and adapters do others use?

I hear anything from Sandisk should work (I haven't checked 'cuz I am
waiting
to get my Plus. I only got the Classic.

Domingo

Re: What should I do with all of this stuff?? by ddvteach@xxxxxxxx

From: ddvteach@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: What should I do with all of this stuff??
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:11:40 -0500

Hi.  My suggestion would be to go with Digital Creations, if they are
interested in your offer.
I doubt several sources for Poqets could hurt anything, particularly with
the lousy service
of California Digital (the other provider).  And I would recommend not to
dooms us to
have to deal with Cal. Digital by selling to them!  I hear good things
about D. C.

By the way, if you are willing, I would be interested in anything "Poqet
Plus" you have
(Poqet Plus, cables, adapters, charger, etc).  A onesy-twosy type of
thing, I know,
that's why I said *if* you are willing.

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009