From: David C Smalley <dsmalley@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: A new one
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:50:58 -0800

Well the blurp said to introduce myself. I am not too sure how "alive"
this list is, but I guess it's worth a try.

My name is David Smalley. I live in western Oregon. I have just purchased
a Poqet PC Classic. I don't actually have it yet (bought it on Ebay), but
it should be here shortly.

I have read through the FAQ & now know a good deal more than I did. I
don't have any special way of doing anything with it (obviously), yet. I
find it easy to appreciate things that do things well, albeit
minimalistically. The Poqet PC Classic seems to do just that.

I do own a HP 100lx & a HP Omnibook 425. I don't know if the grassroots
support for the Poqet PC can compare with those units (the 100-200lx in
particular). Probably not, but it still sounds like a dandy computer over
all.

I probably will have questions come more readily to mind concerning this
computer once I have it in my hot little hands. I have thought of one
though. I take it the serial port has been downsized. Are cables gotten
fairly easily, or do you have to roll your own?

Hoping someone is there,
David Smalley (dsmalley@xxxxxxxx)
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Re: A new one by Michael Luth <mluth@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Michael Luth" <mluth@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: A new one
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 22:39:35 -0700

Welcome:

There's not too much going on here right now, but questions do eventually
get answered. Usually ;)

The connection on the back of the Poqet Classic is distinctly nonstandard
and it will probably be difficult make your own connector. The best way to
transfer files for the Classic is to use the PCMCIA slot on a  laptop and
read and write to the SRAM cards directly. If you've been to the Poqet site,
you probably know that the only real place to get SRAM cards that will work
with the Classic (read the faq for details on SRAM cards) is at California
Digital. They have 2meg varieties for $59.00.

Michael

Re: A new one by PDouglas12@xxxxxxxx

From: PDouglas12@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 09:40:23 EST

David,

In answer to your questions, a good place to start is:

http://www.njqrp.org/

Follow links from there to a lot of information.

Preston WJ2V

poqet model pq0164 by Cliff Conradt <cconradt@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Cliff Conradt" <cconradt@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: poqet model pq0164
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 07:51:42 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BF7464.D63AE9C0

Is there anyone out there that can help me on a I/O cable for the older =
model Poqet?

Tnx=20
Cliff Conradt
WA7HVY

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BF7464.D63AE9C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Is there anyone out there that can help =
me on a I/O=20
cable for the older model Poqet?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Tnx </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Cliff Conradt</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>WA7HVY</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BF7464.D63AE9C0--

Re: poqet model pq0164 by David B. Jeter <dbjeter@xxxxxxxx>

From: "David B. Jeter" <dbjeter@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: poqet model pq0164
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 19:26:59 -0600

--------------7C87218171D07C63271C2083

Give me the part # and model # of your poqet, adn what type of cable you
need (like Poqet to DB9), adn I'll see what I can do. I probably have it
new.

DJ

Re: poqet model pq0164 by paule@xxxxxxxx

From: paule@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:40:16 PST

Hi DJ,

What cable "poqet to db9" cable are you refering to? Do you mean
a db25 to cd9 adapter? or something that fits the proprietary connector
on the back?

cheers, Paul VA7NT

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009