From: pennywise@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Regarding "Little Battery"
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 23:21:30 -0000

Can someone please tell me what this battery is and where it fits.
Is it an "internal" battery - I have never had any battery problems
and so I have never heard about this littl'un.
If it goes - what are the symptoms and how do I replace it?????
H E L P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tony (UK)

Flash card advice by Wayne Glover WE7G <wayneg@xxxxxxxx>

From: Wayne Glover WE7G <wayneg@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Flash card advice
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 23:30:31 +0000

Many thanks to those of you who lost the e: drive due to bridge battery
failure. I was able to reconstitute mine last night. Jerry [Bless his
heart] has a few of the VArta V60R batteries and kindly consented to
sell me a new one. Should solve my immediate problem.

New point - anybody know how to get the Poqet Plus to access Simple
Technology's 8 meg ATA flash card. Literature says it needs socket
service version 2. o and of course the Poqet has version 1.6 on board.
Sent message to tech support, but though someone on the list might also
have some info that would help me.

Thanks - Wayne

Thincard drive answers by steven pirie-shepherd <pixie@xxxxxxxx>

From: steven pirie-shepherd <pixie@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Thincard drive answers
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 21:02:51 -0500

poqetpc-errors@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> and another question:  i have a Databook Thincard Drive.  i have the
> original drivers on floppy, i think.  will this drive handle "modern"
> cards under win95?  or is it just as obsolete as the slots in the
> poqet?  :-)
>
> paul

Well,
I have just installed a TMD-650 (with a lot of help from karby and the
people here). Essentially you need to go to www.karby.com and download
the driver setup file ver 3.16c for windows. This will then allow you to
'setup' for win9X.
I now have a parallel drive that reads/writes SRAM cards and a whole lot
more.

I will have a spare TMD-650 drive next week (with PSU and cables etc).
These are great. I would swap for a parallel port that would fit into
the expansion bus of a Poqet Prime?

Also, I notice that the serial port that fits into the expansion bus is
only reliable at 4800bps or less. This may explain some nettamer
problems i was having, as i should try to set the bps at 4800, and not
19200 (!).

As i get more info (as a newbie) I will report.
--
Steven Pirie-Shepherd Ph.D.
***insert pithy phrase here***

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009