From: PDouglas12@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: that tiny little battery.
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 17:05:45 EST

Keith,
Yes, it is a Varda V60R, I think.  Any 1.2v NiCad button that will fit the
space will do.  The size is based on ma capacity, so if you are buying from a
catalog, you need a 60ma battery.  Any larger capacity will likely be too big
physically.  You might call Jerry at DnD and ask him for a part number or
source.  He did have some.

Preston WJ2V

Re: that tiny little battery. by Keith Miller <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Keith Miller" <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 17:09:55 -0500

anyone got a poqet pc plus with a dead display? all I need is a new MB I
think..
or someone who can fix the one I got.. Not sure  if it's bios or not..

From: Paul Fox <pgf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: ram card question
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 17:23:04 -0500

about these ram cards:  is there a battery in them?  does it wear
out?  what then?

and another question:  i have a Databook Thincard Drive.  i have the
original drivers on floppy, i think.  will this drive handle "modern"
cards under win95?  or is it just as obsolete as the slots in the
poqet?  :-)

paul
=---------------------
  paul fox, pgf@xxxxxxxx (arlington, ma, where it's 26.8 degrees)

Re: that tiny little battery. by Keith Miller <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Keith Miller" <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 17:33:43 -0500

I cleaned mine off.. it's a varta V60RT
radio shack sells it.. if its not the 3.6v one then it's less than 9.99.. I
thnk..

From: "Keith Miller" <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 18:14:33 -0500

and I got good news.. Jerry still has a few pc plus's and is sending me
one.. So If anyone needs a few parts from a pc plus.. lemme know I'll see
what I can do..

From: "Keith Miller" <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 19:51:15 -0500

okay.. I have another question.

I know the pinout for the com1 on the poqet pc plus.
what pins get connected to a 9 pin connector for connecting to a pc for
communication.
and what pins get connected where for a regular modem connect. (25 pin)
thanks..

please tell me asap..

Re: ram card question by PDouglas12@xxxxxxxx

From: PDouglas12@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ram card question
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 21:06:40 EST

pgf@xxxxxxxx writes:

<< Paul Fox) >>
Paul,

SRAM cards have a little lithium battery--they are off the shelf items at
Radio Shack, and they last a couple of years.  Flash Rams do not need
batteries, however.  The other card you refer to may or may not work with
your Poqet; it will certainly not work with a Poqet Prime as the earlier
machine wasn't made to support PCMCIA type II cards.  But the Plus can handle
some, not all type II cards.  Probably won't hurt to try it (famous last
words, no guarantees on that one!)

Preston WJ2V

Poqet Plus and floppy drive ? by Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Poqet Plus and floppy drive ?
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 11:44:15 -0600

Hi Bryan,

I came into possession of a Toshiba external 3.5" floppy drive (I think
was originally for a Libretto) that connects via a pcmcia card port.  Do
you think that I might be able to get it to work with my plus ?  I have
the software it came with but it appears to be for Windows 3.1.  Are you
aware of any device drivers I may be able to load into the Poqet that
might be compatable.

It is a Toshiba external floppy drive, pcmcia model PA2612U

Thanks,

Mike Melland, W9WIS

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009