From: John Oram <norami@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Nettamer (again)and TMD-650 questions
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:19:04 -0800

Steven:

Sounds like your setup is not sending the proper script for password
connection to your ISP.

Re-read the docs and FAQ becasue there are many examples of handling
these types of problems.

Also you can send your specific questions to the Nettamer newsgroup
<nettamer@xxxxxxxx> as well as the FAQ Maintainer - Jeff Hawkins
<jhawkin@xxxxxxxx>

Good luck,

John Oram

Edit config.sys by C. Lamar Derk <n3at@xxxxxxxx>

From: "C. Lamar Derk" <n3at@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Edit config.sys
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 06:23:49 -0500

I have had one of those "senior moments", and forgot how to edit my
config.sys file. I thought EDLIN would do it, but all I get when I try
to use EDLIN is an asterisk. My drive E is not available, and
instructions received with the Poqet Plus say that I should restore
drive E by editing the config.sys file by making the line read -
device=d.\ramdisk.sys 1024. On  my C drive that line is preceded with a
REM. Do I need to remove the REM and add the number to make it work? And
how do I get to actually edit that line? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

-Lamar

Re: Edit config.sys by Michael Luth <mluth@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Michael Luth" <mluth@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Edit config.sys
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 06:47:17 -0700

Type edlin ? for a list of edlin commands. To edit config. sys, type edlin config.sys. When you see the asterisk, type L for a listing of all the lines, then type the number of the line you want to edit. When you are finished editing the line, just hit enter. When you are finished editing config.sys, type E to save and exit.

And yes, just remove the REM from the ramdrive.sys line to get back your "E" drive.

Good luck,
Michael

RE: Edit config.sys by MOY, WILLIAM <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>

From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:32:10 -0500

For quick and dirty editing, one can always resort to the "copy con" trick
(con for  console).  I haven't used that trick in a while, so I forgot the
specifics, but maybe this may trigger one of those senior nodules...   -Bill

Re: Edit config.sys by C. Lamar Derk <n3at@xxxxxxxx>

From: "C. Lamar Derk" <n3at@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 12:52:34 -0500

Hi Michael - thank you for your reply. I have followed your directions, and now have made the change in line 4 of the config.sys file. After finishing it, I entered the letter E, and the line is now as suggested. But when I try to access the E drive, i get the message that it is an invalid drive specification. Any further
suggestions?
 - Lamar

From: "C. Lamar Derk" <n3at@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 13:13:08 -0500

Hi Mickael - it's me again - I don't know what I did, but now it's listing the E drive!!
 So thanks again for your help!!!

- Lamar

From: "C. Lamar Derk" <n3at@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 13:15:08 -0500

Thank you , Bill - that did the trick!!

- Lamar

"MOY, WILLIAM" wrote:

> For quick and dirty editing, one can always resort to the "copy con" trick
> (con for  console).  I haven't used that trick in a while, so I forgot the
> specifics, but maybe this may trigger one of those senior nodules...   -Bill

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009