From: steven pirie-shepherd <pixie@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Nettamer (again)and TMD-650 questions
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 12:07:20 -0500

Hi again,
So I have my poqet PC (oddly, the text saying poqet PC is on the lower
right hand corner of the screen, not the upper right hand corner, so
what model is this?). I have nettamer, and have managed to configure it
so that it talks to my modem, and the modem dials, appears to establish
a PPP connection, but after 3 minutes (exactly) it kicks me off.
Although the transmit and recieve LEDs have flashed re-assuringly, I
have nothing in my Mail.dlu file.
	I put the poqet into CGA mode and pwrctrl=COM mode before using
nettamer, so what gives? Why am I kicked off, and what can I do to
rectify it? Any help gratefuly accepted.

BTW, I have managed to purchase a parallel TMD-650 drive, I am going to
need to edit my config.sys files by adding the csmapper.sys and the
carddrive.exe BUT, they are not on my win98 system (a desktop) or my
winNT system (a desktop). Where can I get copies of them? Or will they
come with the software for the TMD-650?

Many thanks
--
Steven Pirie-Shepherd Ph.D.
***insert pithy phrase here***

Re: How to write to flast memory on my laptop? by Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>

From: Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How to write to flast memory on my laptop?
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 11:46:17 -0800 (PST)

--- Michael Luth <mluth@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The two lines you need to add to your config.sys are:
>
> DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CSMAPPER.SYS
> DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CARDDRV.EXE /SLOT=n
> where n is the number of pcmcia slots that you have.

Funny I did that at first but it was WIN95 not WINDOWS. It works now
as I figured that out.

Thanks any way for the help!

Jeff

=====
Jeff Jones
AB6MB
NorCal QRP Club #65, QRP-L #1780, ARCI 10071
Radical FIST Member 6798
Voicemail/Fax 1-888-Excite2 ext 925-439-2514
ICQ 62450117
http://im.yahoo.com

Re: How to write to flast memory on my laptop? by Dale L. Martin <kg5u@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Dale L. Martin" <kg5u@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 16:56:41 -0600

>> DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CSMAPPER.SYS
>> DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CARDDRV.EXE /SLOT=n
>> where n is the number of pcmcia slots that you have.
>
>Funny I did that at first but it was WIN95 not WINDOWS. It works now
>as I figured that out.

I learned a few years ago very soon after buying this computer from Mujibur &
Sirajul's twin brothers that my Windows subdir was different, like
C:\Windows.000 -- our business relationship went downhill from there.

regards,
dale
kg5u@xxxxxxxx

PQLINK file transfer hint to first time users of Poqets by Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>

From: Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: PQLINK file transfer hint to first time users of Poqets
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:56:42 -0800 (PST)

DOH!!!!!!!!

After a hour of struggling with PQLINK to get it to transfer files
after I transfered one file. A sudden thought dawned upon me after
PQLINK kept giving me syntax errors when I tried copying files over.
Uh, let's see, drive B on the Poqet is now volume H on my laptop.
Duh, I think I will try this when it asks for destination;

H:\

Wow, no syntax error and best of all the files I wanted transfered
actually transfered!

I tried hitting F1 for help but the help file ended with no mention
on how to copy files over.

Man this better be a great little tool or it's going to be used as a
fishing weight! 8-)

Jeff

=====

Re: PQLINK file transfer hint to first time users of Poqets by Eddie <Eddie@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Eddie" <Eddie@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:19:45 -0500

why dont you use xport21 its easier

Re: PQLINK file transfer hint to first time users of Poqets by Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>

From: Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 21:11:57 -0800 (PST)

--- Eddie <Eddie@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> why dont you use xport21 its easier

Uh, probably because I never heard of it. But I'll give it a try!!!

Jeff

=====

Intro - question by Wayne Glover WE7G <wayneg@xxxxxxxx>

From: Wayne Glover WE7G <wayneg@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Intro - question
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:40:30 +0000

I am the proud owner of the Poqet Pc Plus [Thanks to Jerry at D&D and
the NJQRP club info]. So far I can honestly say I have a super machine
for amateur radio field use. I am having some difficulty finding SRAM or
San Disk flash cards locally. I did get a chance to try a Simple
Technology flash card and adapter but it seems not to be able to read
it. The literature say it needs socket service 2.1 and the version of
service in my pc is ver 1.16. So I guess I'm back to looking for other
memory cards. I have checked the California Digital site.

I have moved some files through a notebook pc to the one SRAM card that
came with the machine from Disks & Data. Seems easier than doing it with
the serial cable setup. I have the shareware version of CT  and "logger"
by WB2QAP on it at the moment. Al Wong reported having success with
cards up to 110 meg. Perhaps someone on the list could advise me what
brand of SRAM  or flash cards/adapters you have had luck with? Sandisk
has been mentioned a lot in all the stuff I read, but no one seems to
have any here locally.  Perhaps I better call Jerry again. ;-)

Thanks a bunch for your sage advise. Wayne

Re: PQLINK file transfer hint to first time users of Poqets by Eddie <Eddie@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Eddie" <Eddie@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:03:29 -0500

UH!! Pqlink is a utility that came with the classic and some other Poquets
but you have to install it in the Plus because it did not come with it....

From: Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 08:39:21 -0800 (PST)

--- Eddie <Eddie@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> why dont you use xport21 its easier

I went to www.simtel.net and downloaded it. Very nice and easier to
use than PQLINK. Thanks for the advice!

Jeff

=====

Buy.com has flash memory plus PCMCIA adaptors for it! by Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>

From: Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Buy.com has flash memory plus PCMCIA adaptors for it!
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 08:37:25 -0800 (PST)

I went to the price search engine;

http://www.streetprices.com

and did a search on PCMCIA and found an adaptor for flash memory for
$7.95! I ordered it right away.
When I searched for flash memory I found 40megs for $112. After using
my Poqet it seems that is enough for that little guy.

Any one else have any hints on where to get adaptors and flash
memory?

Jeff

=====
Jeff Jones
AB6MB
NorCal QRP Club #65, QRP-L #1780, ARCI 10071
Radical FIST Member 6798
Voicemail/Fax 1-888-Excite2 ext 925-439-2514
ICQ 62450117
Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009