From: Andreas Meyer <ahm@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: transfering data
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 11:20:57 -0500

> > Data Book TMD-650 External PCMCIA Card Reader

> Thanks for the info. I see you can read from the cards with
> this device, but can you write to them also using it?
> --
> cheers, Paul - VA7NT (ex VE7CQK) - email: paule@xxxxxxxx

Yes, you can.  I guess they didn't want to bother calling it a Reader/Writer.

And as you get new cards, be sure to format them on the Poqet.
If you format them under Windows, the Poqet won't be able to use them.

(Geez, where's all these hams come from? :)

Andy, N2FYE
--
 Andreas Meyer, ahm@xxxxxxxx, http://www.spies.com/~ahm/
 I need a trephine like I need another hole in my head.

Re: Poqet Pc. plus. by Keith Miller <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Keith Miller" <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Poqet Pc. plus.
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 17:11:05 -0500

Okay.. My question is this.. I got mine from disk's n data. and it came with
a 4 meg card sram card formatted to 2 meg. is there a way I can format it to
4 megs?
It's a:
Ace Technologys Inc
DoubleCard
4M
Ram memory Card. (uses a cr2025 lithium battery)

thanks for da info.

From: PDouglas12@xxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 17:43:45 EST

In a message dated 1/29/00 2:20:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kmiller@xxxxxxxx writes:

<<  is there a way I can format it to
 4 megs? >>
Nope.  It will only go to about 3, if you compress it.  Compression carries
its own problems, and it is not encouraged by the experts, but you can do it.

72,

Preston WJ2V

Re: Poqet Pc. plus. by Keith Miller <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Keith Miller" <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 18:04:29 -0500

then I won't bother.
<G>
I'll wait till my compact flash adapter arrives..
then I'll get some compact flash cards...

How to write to flast memory on my laptop? by Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>

From: Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: How to write to flast memory on my laptop?
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 17:15:04 -0800 (PST)

I just got my Poqet PC Plus today. It told me I needed to download
vna.ext and the other program for it to my laptop and then write it
to  the flash memory card. So I put the flash memory card in the
laptop, windows installed it and I see it on the hard ware list now.
How do you write to the darn thing? I've looked all over, checked
help, etc. no luck! HELP! 8-)

Jeff

=====
Jeff Jones
AB6MB
NorCal QRP Club #65, QRP-L #1780, ARCI 10071
Radical FIST Member 6798
Voicemail/Fax 1-888-Excite2 ext 925-439-2514
ICQ 62450117
http://im.yahoo.com

Re: How to write to flast memory on my laptop? by Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>

From: Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How to write to flast memory on my laptop?
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 21:14:02 -0800 (PST)

--- Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How do you write to the darn thing? I've looked all over, checked
> help, etc. no luck! HELP! 8-)

Found out how to do it. Turns out there are 2 lines that have to be
in  your config.sys. Put them in and lo and behold 2 ramdrives
appeared!

Ran down to Radio Shack and go the wrong serial cable. Need a 25pin
to 9pin and got only a 9 pin to 9 pin. Oh well get the right one
tomorrow!

Jeff

=====

Re: How to write to flast memory on my laptop? by Paul Erickson <paule@xxxxxxxx>

From: Paul Erickson <paule@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 22:57:35 -0800

Jeff wrote:

> --- Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > How do you write to the darn thing? I've looked all over, checked
> > help, etc. no luck! HELP! 8-)
>
> Found out how to do it. Turns out there are 2 lines that have to be
> in  your config.sys. Put them in and lo and behold 2 ramdrives
> appeared!
>
> Ran down to Radio Shack and go the wrong serial cable. Need a 25pin
> to 9pin and got only a 9 pin to 9 pin. Oh well get the right one
> tomorrow!
>
> Jeff
>
> =====
> Jeff Jones
> AB6MB
> NorCal QRP Club #65, QRP-L #1780, ARCI 10071
> Radical FIST Member 6798
> Voicemail/Fax 1-888-Excite2 ext 925-439-2514
> ICQ 62450117

Hi Jeff,

And the two lines are???

--
cheers, Paul - VA7NT (ex VE7CQK) - email: paule@xxxxxxxx

Drivers For Sram Cards? by PACOBOY1@xxxxxxxx

From: PACOBOY1@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Drivers For Sram Cards?
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 08:31:20 EST

Hi

I'm trying to use my Windows 98 laptop to
out  PQlink and VNA files on the SRAM card
that came with my Poget PC Plus. I've added
the two necessary files to my config.sys and
Windows recognizs the card but says the necessary
PC Card Wizard is not on my hard drive. It can't
seem to find it on the CD-Rom either. I've searched all
over the Microsoft site but come up  empty.

Any help would be appreciated.

                                       Ed

Re: How to write to flast memory on my laptop? by Michael Luth <mluth@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Michael Luth" <mluth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 07:45:31 -0700

The two lines you need to add to your config.sys are:

DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CSMAPPER.SYS
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CARDDRV.EXE /SLOT=n
where n is the number of pcmcia slots that you have.

If windows is already recognizing that you have a memory card in the pcmcia
slot, this should be all that you need to do to make the card appear in
explorer as a new drive.

WTB: poqet plus by paule@xxxxxxxx

From: paule@xxxxxxxx
Subject: WTB: poqet plus
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 8:40:42 PST

Hi there, thought Jerry was holding a plus for me, but turns out he
wasn't. If anyone decides to sell their plus, Please contact me.
They are all sold out.

cheers, Paul VA7NT (ex VE7CQK) email: paule@xxxxxxxx

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009