  1. Re: Plus info by Houston Blevins <houstonblevins@xxxxxxxx>
  2. Problems with serial communication in one direction by krisbee@xxxxxxxx (Kris B.)

Digest Articles

Re: Plus info by Houston Blevins <houstonblevins@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Houston Blevins" <houstonblevins@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Plus info
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:30:21 -0600

Good info on the Poqet Plus at this url.
http://www.primenet.com/~awong/service/poqet.html
Houston

Problems with serial communication in one direction by krisbee@xxxxxxxx (Kris B.)

From: krisbee@xxxxxxxx (Kris B.)
Subject: Problems with serial communication in one direction
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:20:00 EST -0500

Hi all.. brand new to the list, and just received my poqet pc prime
yesterday..  Interesting problem.. I can connect with the serial
adapter and a null modem cable to my windows machine using
hyperterminal.

I can receive on the windows machine files using pqtalk.. no problems.
Sometimes I can send to the poqet pc, always text, but using xmodem or
xmodem 1k it will cause lots of errors and the like..

I have tried all different speeds, and it seems that 9600 seems to be
the best in reducing errors.  I have tried changing the power managment
modes, no help.  I have changed parameters such as data bits and stop
bits, to no avail.  Reducing the speed seems to make things worse.

When I send text files straight through, there are errors quite often,
unless I send it at 4800 or 2400 baud.

I am using hyperterminal on the windows machine, and I have tried using
pqlink and it doesn't work.  Neither does intersrv, interlnk (though I
was able to transfer intersrv to the machine).

It also seems that turning of handshaking on the windows machine helps,
but hurts when I turn it off on the poqet pc.

Any suggestions?  Any would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Kris

http://www.i2.i-2000.com/~krisbee

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009