  1. Re: WIN95/8 by Virtual Bob <hey9811@xxxxxxxx>
  2. Re: Digest poqetpc.v004.n042 by Brian <bberkes@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Re: WIN95/8 by Virtual Bob <hey9811@xxxxxxxx>

From: Virtual Bob <hey9811@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: WIN95/8
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:24:54 -0600 (cst)

> I can not run any Poqet software etc. on Windows 95 or 98. Even
> when restarted in Dos it dosn't work. I think this may be because
> the DOS loaded with windows 95/98 is only a pseudo DOS and not
> the real thing. Also, of course, Windows 95/98 are fat32 not 16
> which would be what the software was designed to work with. I

Make sure you're on FAT16 partition and not FAT32. I also found many old
softwares don't work well with MS-DOS versions which put *comma
separators* into the directory listings. I think that started somewhere in
DOS 6.????

If you got null-modem serial cable already connected, you may also want to
try the interlnk/intersvr pair which is included in MS-DOS 6+.

Any unsolicited e-mails will be charged US$500 per e-mail,
plus court cost.
Your contribution to Bill Gates' personal wealth: US$380.94

Re: Digest poqetpc.v004.n042 by Brian <bberkes@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Brian" <bberkes@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v004.n042
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:57:00 -0500

FAT 16 AND 32  would NOT have any effect on the software running or not.
Only on the way data is stored to the disk...