From: pennywise@xxxxxxxx
Subject: WIN95/8
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 20:59:55 -0000

I can not run any Poqet software etc. on Windows 95 or 98. Even
when restarted in Dos it dosn't work. I think this may be because
the DOS loaded with windows 95/98 is only a pseudo DOS and not
the real thing. Also, of course, Windows 95/98 are fat32 not 16
which would be what the software was designed to work with. I
have 100% success using a 486DX2 and DOS 6.22 (Running
windows 3.11). It could almost be worth getting one somewhere, I
can pick them up here for about 55 or a 386DX for about 30 and
they will both handle anything that you want to do with your Poqet.
I run a Pentium lll 400mhz 10 gig HD 128 meg ram and windows 98
and I just feel that the Poqet software gets well and truly lost in the
works and never comes out at the other end.
Tony Russell (England)

Re: WIN95/8 by Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: WIN95/8
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 17:58:36 -0600

pennywise@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I can not run any Poqet software etc. on Windows 95 or 98. Even
> when restarted in Dos it dosn't work.

> I have 100% success using a 486DX2 and DOS 6.22 (Running
> windows 3.11).

Tony,

I have had exactly the same results...... others seem to be able to get it
to run in DOS mode but not on my machine.  Works great on my 486 DX4 and
DOS 6.22 though....

--
Michael Melland, W9WIS
Winneconne, Wisconsin, USA

Re: WIN95/8 by Paul Erickson <paule@xxxxxxxx>

From: Paul Erickson <paule@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 16:28:51 -0800

Michael Melland wrote:

> pennywise@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > I can not run any Poqet software etc. on Windows 95 or 98. Even
> > when restarted in Dos it dosn't work.
>
> > I have 100% success using a 486DX2 and DOS 6.22 (Running
> > windows 3.11).
>
> Tony,
>
> I have had exactly the same results...... others seem to be able to get it
> to run in DOS mode but not on my machine.  Works great on my 486 DX4 and
> DOS 6.22 though....
>
> --
> Michael Melland, W9WIS
> Winneconne, Wisconsin, USA
> FISTS #4387, 10-10 #69281, QRP-L #1656,
> QRP-ARCI #9875, AK/QRP #478, NorCal,
> NJ-QRP #214, Cheeseheads QRP Club
> CW, SSB, and Electronics
> List Administrator: grundig@xxxxxxxx
> http://www.qsl.net/w9wis

Hi Guys,

While for some reason, I can get my pentium to talk to my poqet
in dos mode, (not in a dos window) I was wondering, about your
hardware configuration. Are your serial cards jumper selected
or are they plug and play? If the later, I wonder if dos is
able to recognize the ports?

Just another shot in the dark, sorry if it is completely off
the mark.
--
cheers, Paul - VA7NT (ex VE7CQK) - email: paule@xxxxxxxx

Intro by Keith Miller <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Keith Miller" <kmiller@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Intro
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 20:52:12 -0500

Well.. I dun have my poqet yet.. but I will soon I hope..

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009