From: rance@xxxxxxxx (Rance Edwards)
Subject: Poqet PC Plus for auction
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 12:21:07 -0500

For those of you who are interested there is a Poqet PC Plus for auction at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=236903521

Rance

Re: Poqet PC Plus for auction by Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>

From: Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Poqet PC Plus for auction
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 10:54:03 -0800 (PST)

--- Rance Edwards <rance@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For those of you who are interested there is a Poqet PC Plus for

Just wondering does the RS-232 on Plus work the same as the one on a
PC? Have a program that toggles one of the pins on the RS-232 to send
morse code.
Is there a way to hack the Plus to bypass the nicad pack so one could
use another DC voltage source?

Have Plus on the way hence the questions.

Jeff

=====
Jeff Jones
AB6MB
Norcal QRP Net 7045 Sunday 6pm PST Monday 0200 UTC
NorCal QRP Club #65, QRP-L #1780, ARCI 10071
Radical FIST Member 6798
Voicemail/Fax 1-888-Excite2 ext 925-439-2514
http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Poqet PC Plus for auction by rance@xxxxxxxx (Rance Edwards)

From: rance@xxxxxxxx (Rance Edwards)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:31:24 -0500

I wish I could help you on that.  I do not have the technical knowledge to
answer that one correctly.

Rance

Cards by C. Lamar Derk <n3at@xxxxxxxx>

From: "C. Lamar Derk" <n3at@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Cards
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 21:16:31 -0500

Does anyone on this list know where one can purchase SRAM cards for the
Poqet? Would appreciate a lead or two. Thank you.

- Lamar, N3AT

Re: Cards by Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>

From: Jeff <fantbb@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Cards
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 18:58:11 -0800 (PST)

--- "C. Lamar Derk" <n3at@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone on this list know where one can purchase SRAM cards for
> the
> Poqet? Would appreciate a lead or two. Thank you.

Try this URL

http://www.pricescan.com/scripts/Q01011801.asp

If it doesn't work for you try

http://www.pricescan.com

Put flash at the first place you can do a search. I just did this and
found a whole bunch of cards made by SanDisk.

I am waiting for my Poqet Plus to show up.

Jeff

=====

Re: Cards by Michael Luth <mluth@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Michael Luth" <mluth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 21:09:35 -0700

California Digital has Poqet brand 2 Meg Sram cards for $59.00.
(http://www.cadigital.com/) . These are the 3V read/write that are made for
the Poqet. The Prime and Original can't use SanDisk memory cards.

Its important that you use only 3V SRAM cards  (for the Poqet Prime or
Original) as 5V will work for a while, but you will have problems as the
Poqet's batteries run down and drop below the 5V necessary for proper
read/write on the more current SRAM cards.

Check out the FAQ and the newslist archives at
http://www.best.com/~bmason/PoqetPC/ for more information.

Mike

Thank You by C. Lamar Derk <n3at@xxxxxxxx>

From: "C. Lamar Derk" <n3at@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Thank You
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 06:47:51 -0500

A big, hearty thank you to all who sent info re cards for the Poqet!
Your help i sgreatly appreciated!

-Lamar
, N3AT

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009