From: "Michael Luth" <mluth@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Poquet PC Plus for sale $50
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 19:26:12 -0700

I'll take it for $50.00.

If you'll give me information on how you would like to be paid (Money Order
or Credit Card) I'll get it off to you ASAP.

Thanks,
Mike

From: "Dale L. Martin" <kg5u@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New to list, Card sources?
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 21:15:15 -0600

>I'm looking for information on how to make a null modem adapter and cable to
>hook the Poqet from it's serial adapter (DB25 to DB9 females) into my PC to
>transfer files...... Doesn't look very hard but I could use any advice anyone
>can give.

I'm brand new to the list, too, being one of the new DnD Poqet owners.

Mike,
Check the ARRL Handbook for Radio Amateurs--in my 1995 issue, it's on page
22.11, Station Setup and Accessory Projects.

regards,
Dale Martin, KG5U
kg5u@xxxxxxxx
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u

Re: New to list, Card sources? by Frank Grigaliunas <fgrig@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Frank Grigaliunas" <fgrig@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 17:11:56 -0800

Vincent Passione <vpassione@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm hoping to see some activity on this list, I hope you're not all gone!

If they are all gone, I'm sure the list will soon be filled with hams.  I
bought a Poqet from Jerry, and I have a Poqet Plus on order.  I have a
feeling lots of folks are going to be looking for cards.  I saw one on ebay
the other day, but it was going for $29.

Frank

       Frank and Karen Grigaliunas, 1816 W. Dean, Spokane, WA 99201
   fgrig@xxxxxxxx -=*=- (509) 326-7147 -=*=- http://www.iea.com/~fgrig/
       "The Internet doesn't annoy people.  People annoy people."

Re: Poquet PC Plus for sale $50 by Matt Schafer <matts@xxxxxxxx>

From: Matt Schafer <matts@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 23:27:52 -0600

Just to let you know...  I don't have a null modem cable to connect to the
computer, but it does come with the 9-pin serial adapter and an extra battery.

My address is :

Matt Schafer
511 Driftwood Cir.
New Brighton, MN 55112

A money order would be the best.

Thanks,
Matt

Sorry about post by Matt Schafer <matts@xxxxxxxx>

From: Matt Schafer <matts@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Sorry about post
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 23:29:27 -0600

Sorry about that last post, it was supposed to go to one person.

Matt

Re: New to list, Card sources? by Frank Grigaliunas <fgrig@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Frank Grigaliunas" <fgrig@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 08:16:16 -0800

Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm looking for information on how to make a null modem adapter and cable
> hook the Poqet from it's serial adapter (DB25 to DB9 females) into my PC
> transfer files...... Doesn't look very hard but I could use any advice
anyone
> can give.

I went to Radio Shack and bought two 25-position female D-subminiature
solder-type connectors, Cat. No. 276-1548B, and hooked them together with a
piece of 8-conductor cable.  You can see it at
http://members.tripod.com/fgrig/cable.jpg  Mine's pretty ugly, but it gets
the job done.  RS also has crimp connectors for the soldering-challenged.

The pin configuration is in the PoqetLink manual.  If you don't have a
manual, it's 2 to 3, 3 to 2, 4 to 5, 5 to 4, 6 to 20, 7 to 7, and 8 to 8.

You probably know all that already and are instead asking about the DB25 to
DB9 problem, which I don't have because I have a DB25 comm port.  Maybe
somebody else can tell the appropriate pins for a DB9 plug.

Re: New to list, Card sources? by kaniecki@xxxxxxxx

From: kaniecki@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:37:22 est

I am also new to the list... I purchased both a Poqet PQ0181 and Poqet
plus from Disk N Data. I will be using the PQ0181 for scheduling, address
book and getting my Email when I am on the road. The Poqet Plus will be
used for my model Trains. For my null modem cable I took a trip to Radio
Shack and picked up a standard RS232 and a Null modem adapter.

I have two questions that I was wondering if anyone had some insight to:

1)I would like to import and export my outlook schedule to the Poqet. Is
this possible? If it is possible are there any utilities available?

2)The second question is on my Poqet Plus there is a utility called
DCFMT.exe on drive D: that will compress the memory cards. Whenever I run
the program it asks for a key and I don't have it. Does anyone know how
to get around this?

Thanks
John
kaniecki@xxxxxxxx

> --------------- MESSAGE poqetpc.v004.n036.4 ---------------
>
> From: Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: New to list, Card sources?
> Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 19:37:22 -0600
>
> Vincent Passione wrote:
>
> > Just got one of the last  Poqet PC Primes from Disks N Data.
>
> I'm new to the list too...... like Vince, I purchased a Poqet Prime
from Disk's
> N Data in New Jersey along with 138 other ham radio operators.  Very
nice
> little machines indeed and we got them with two 1 meg cards, serial
adapter,
> modem, original box with Poqet documentation and case for a very good
price and
> in excellent condition.  The owner of Disk's N Data, Jerry Tessler,  is
also a
> ham radio operator which I'm sure has much to do with our good fortune
in
> finding these machines.  He is now out of Prime models but reportedly
has
> another model he is selling, not sure if it is a Poqet or not.... but I
think
> they are perhaps  Poqet PC Plus models .  His email address is
> dndcomp@xxxxxxxx
>
> I'm looking for information on how to make a null modem adapter and
cable to
> hook the Poqet from it's serial adapter (DB25 to DB9 females) into my
PC to
> transfer files...... Doesn't look very hard but I could use any advice
anyone
> can give.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
> --
> Michael Melland

This message was sent using MI-Webmail.
No matter where you are, never lose touch.
Get your Email using MI-Webmail.
http://www.monmouth.com/

Poqet versus Poqet Plus by Jim Larsen AL7FS <al7fs@xxxxxxxx>

From: Jim Larsen AL7FS <al7fs@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Poqet versus Poqet Plus
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:30:42 -0900

Can someone tell me the difference between the two units?  Rechargeable
batteries?  More memory?  DOS5.0 versus 3.3 are all I know.  Is it a big
difference or just minor enhancements?

Thanks,

Jim
--
73,  Jim Larsen,  AL7FS     http://www.qsl.net/al7fs/
Anchorage, Alaska           mailto:al7fs@xxxxxxxx

Re: New to list, Card sources? by Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 20:23:38 -0600

kaniecki@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>  For my null modem cable I took a trip to Radio
> Shack and picked up a standard RS232 and a Null modem adapter.

Hi John,

I was at Radio Shack and picked up a RS232 set which can be configured by the
user into a null modem.  I couldn't find one there that has the proper pin
out combinations to match that in the Poqet  serial adapter manual.  If the
one you got works could you send me the RS part # ?  How are you getting from
the DB25 serial adapter to the DB9 PC serial port (my computers all have DB9
serial ports)?  Is the nulkl modem a DB25 or DB 9 ?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael Melland, W9WIS
Winneconne, Wisconsin, USA

Re: Poqet versus Poqet Plus by Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Poqet versus Poqet Plus
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 20:26:36 -0600

Jim Larsen AL7FS wrote:

> Can someone tell me the difference between the two units?

Jim,

California Digital has the Plus specs on their web site (
http://www.cadigital.com/  )

>From what I can see the diff is size, DOS version, backlit display, nicad
battery pack, uses PCMCIA Type 2 cards as well........

Regards,

Mike

--
Michael Melland, W9WIS