From: "Vincent Passione" <vpassione@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: New to list, Card sources?
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 20:04:39 -0500

Hello all:

Just got one of the last  Poqet PC Primes from Disks N Data.  So far I'm
having great fun digging up and remembering my old DOS programs.  I plan to
use it mostly for logging Ham Radio contacts in the field using the Log EQF
Jr. program.

I'm hoping to see some activity on this list, I hope you're not all gone!

Does anyone know of sources for new or used SRAM or Flash cards that will
work on a Prime?  I have 2 one meg SRAM cards but I'd love to have a larger
one or even a Flash card that I could use as a read-only program store.

Vince Passione
vpassione@xxxxxxxx

Re: New to list, Card sources? by Yujin Nagasawa <ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Yujin Nagasawa" <ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New to list, Card sources?
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 20:14:00 -0500

Hello,

Try www.ebay.com or newsgroups such as
comp.sys.handhelds and comp.sys.palmtops.

BTW, what is Disks N Data?
Do they still have Poqet Primes?

Good luck!!

Regards,
Yujin

-------
Yujin Nagasawa

ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx
QWK11240@xxxxxxxx
-------

Re: New to list, Card sources? by Michael Luth <mluth@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Michael Luth" <mluth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 18:25:35 -0700

Where is Disks N Data located and how would one get in contact with them?
I'd like to get a Poqet Prime but didn't know there were any more available.
Any information you can give would be appreciated.

And no, the list isn't dead. I can't help you with anything more than 2 mb
sram cards. You can get these used at California Digital for $59.00.
(http://www.cadigital.com/).  I've bought a couple of these for my Poqet
Original and they work just fine.

Mike

Re: New to list, Card sources? by Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Melland <badger@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 19:37:22 -0600

Vincent Passione wrote:

> Just got one of the last  Poqet PC Primes from Disks N Data.

I'm new to the list too...... like Vince, I purchased a Poqet Prime from Disk's
N Data in New Jersey along with 138 other ham radio operators.  Very nice
little machines indeed and we got them with two 1 meg cards, serial adapter,
modem, original box with Poqet documentation and case for a very good price and
in excellent condition.  The owner of Disk's N Data, Jerry Tessler,  is also a
ham radio operator which I'm sure has much to do with our good fortune in
finding these machines.  He is now out of Prime models but reportedly has
another model he is selling, not sure if it is a Poqet or not.... but I think
they are perhaps  Poqet PC Plus models .  His email address is
dndcomp@xxxxxxxx

I'm looking for information on how to make a null modem adapter and cable to
hook the Poqet from it's serial adapter (DB25 to DB9 females) into my PC to
transfer files...... Doesn't look very hard but I could use any advice anyone
can give.

Thanks,

Mike
--
Michael Melland

Re: New to list, Card sources? by Vincent Passione <vpassione@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Vincent Passione" <vpassione@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 20:52:52 -0500

Yujin:

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm happy to see that the list here isn't dead.

Disks N Data is a computer dealer in New Jersey (dndcomp@xxxxxxxx
800-833-6893,  or 856-482-8279).

Unfortunately, they sold out of Poqet Primes about a week ago.  They may
have some Poqet Plus's left...

Regards,

From: "Yujin Nagasawa" <ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 20:55:23 -0500

Thank you for the information, Mike!

Regards,
Yujin

-------
Yujin Nagasawa

ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx
QWK11240@xxxxxxxx
-------

From: "Yujin Nagasawa" <ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 21:03:44 -0500

Thank you!!
Enjoy your Poqet!!

Regards,
Yujin

-------
Yujin Nagasawa

ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx
QWK11240@xxxxxxxx
-------

Re: New to list, Card sources? by Virtual Bob <hey9811@xxxxxxxx>

From: Virtual Bob <hey9811@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 20:07:14 -0600 (cst)

> Does anyone know of sources for new or used SRAM or Flash cards that will
> work on a Prime?  I have 2 one meg SRAM cards but I'd love to have a larger
> one or even a Flash card that I could use as a read-only program store.

There's now 4MB SRAM card on the market. Whether it works with Poqet or
not, I don't know. I doubt 4MB SRAM card will be on the market for long
if they're still available at all, since both flash RAM card and IBM
Microdrives are lot cheaper in terms of MB/cost...

Any unsolicited e-mails will be charged US$500 per e-mail,
plus court cost.
Your contribution to Bill Gates' personal wealth: US$380.94

Poquet PC Plus for sale $50 by matts@xxxxxxxx (Matt Schafer)

From: matts@xxxxxxxx (Matt Schafer)
Subject: Poquet PC Plus for sale $50
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 20:11:15 -0600 (CST)

I have one Poquet PC plus for sale.  It is in great condition.  I just
never use it.  Comes with Power Supply.  $50

Thanks,
Matt Schafer

Re: Poquet PC Plus for sale $50 by Michael Luth <mluth@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Michael Luth" <mluth@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Poquet PC Plus for sale $50
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 19:20:45 -0700

>I have one Poquet PC plus for sale.  It is in great condition.  I just
>never use it.  Comes with Power Supply.  $50
>

>Thanks,
>Matt Schafer

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009