From: Paul Fox <pgf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: small vi for poqet
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 14:38:25 -0500

does anyone have a clone of vi that runs on the poqet pc?  i have an
old copy of vim that doesn't work.  (starts, but won't get keyboard
events.)  there used to be a program called z.exe a long time ago
which was pretty fair vi, but i no longer have a copy.

ironically, i'm the author of a vi rewrite (vile), but don't currently
have a version that runs on an 8086 PC.  so my next step will be to
resurrect an older compiler...

(thanks for the info on memory cards, btw!  windows 95 now recognizes
my sram cards.)

paul
=---------------------
  paul fox, pgf@xxxxxxxx (arlington, ma, where it's 33.3 degrees)

Re: small vi for poqet by Michael Luth <mluth@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Michael Luth" <mluth@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: small vi for poqet
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 13:26:51 -0700

You might check out this page about VI clones:
http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/vi/
Looks like calvin might do the trick.

Michael

>does anyone have a clone of vi that runs on the poqet pc?  i have an
>old copy of vim that doesn't work.  (starts, but won't get keyboard
>events.)  there used to be a program called z.exe a long time ago
>which was pretty fair vi, but i no longer have a copy.
>
>ironically, i'm the author of a vi rewrite (vile), but don't currently
>have a version that runs on an 8086 PC.  so my next step will be to
>resurrect an older compiler...
>
>(thanks for the info on memory cards, btw!  windows 95 now recognizes
>my sram cards.)
>
>paul
Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009