From: Paul Fox <pgf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: poqet memory cards under win95?
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 21:23:00 -0500

what do i need to do to use poqet memory cards as disks under
windows 95?  i have pcmcia reader on my pc, and i plug in the
card, and w95 recognizes it as an SRAM memory card.  but then
what?  the device manager doesn't even really seem to want
me to remove the card either -- i click Stop, and it says
"you shouldn't remove this card".

clearly it thinks it's something that it isn't.  but it
has a poqet dos filesystem on it -- the poqet pc recognizes it.

clues?

paul
=---------------------
  paul fox, pgf@xxxxxxxx (arlington, ma, where it's 35.8 degrees)

Re: poqet memory cards under win95? by Scott K <rkinder@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Scott K" <rkinder@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: poqet memory cards under win95?
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 21:58:46 -0500

Paul,

 You need to load the drivers. Add the following 2 lines
to the end of your config.sys file and then reboot.
That should do the trick.

device=c:\windows\system\csmapper.sys
device=c:\windows\system\carddrv.exe /slot=2

Scott

Re: poqet memory cards under win95? by Michael Luth <mluth@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Michael Luth" <mluth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 20:03:54 -0700

I had the same problem getting my laptops with Win95 to recognize my poqet
memory card  in the pcmcia slot until I found an article in the Microsoft
Knowledgebase about this situation:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q142/9/45.asp?

It tells you to install a couple of drivers in your config.sys file, and
then when you boot windows, you have a new drive letter in Explorer.  All
you have to do then is insert the poqet card and you're ready to go. (The
only problem I have had is that sometimes when you run chkdsk on the drive
after you put it back in the Poqet, it finds an error, one that is easily
fixed with the /f option of chkdsk.)

Anyway, this worked fine on both of my Win95 laptops with pcmcia slots. It
may work on your desktop reader.

Michael

GWBASIC programs? by Eli Naeher <enaeher@xxxxxxxx>

From: Eli Naeher <enaeher@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: GWBASIC programs?
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 22:51:50 -0500 (EST)

Is anyone familiar with any online archives of GWBASIC-compatible
software?  I've found several BASIC archives but they are all geared
toward Q[uick]Basic and use functions and subroutines and so on.  As I
don't have any cards for my poqet at this time, I'm limited to softwware I
can re-type onto it....

    ___
   )_|_)   Eli Naeher - enaeher@xxxxxxxx
  )__|__)
 )___|___)   "A whaleship was my Yale College and my Harvard."
\-,__|_,---/                             --Herman Melville
 \________/

Re: GWBASIC programs? by Louis P. Santillan <lsantil@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Louis P. Santillan" <lsantil@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: GWBASIC programs?
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 23:01:15 -0800 (PST)

BWBASIC is suppose to be compatible with these BASICs.  You can find it on
Simtel (I think) and at <www.freedos.org> under the Download section.

Louis

"If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his a$$ when he hopped!"
                          - Red Foreman of That '70s Show

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Eli Naeher wrote:

> Is anyone familiar with any online archives of GWBASIC-compatible
> software?  I've found several BASIC archives but they are all geared
> toward Q[uick]Basic and use functions and subroutines and so on.  As I
> don't have any cards for my poqet at this time, I'm limited to softwware I
> can re-type onto it....
>
>     ___
>    )_|_)   Eli Naeher - enaeher@xxxxxxxx
>   )__|__)
>  )___|___)   "A whaleship was my Yale College and my Harvard."
> \-,__|_,---/                             --Herman Melville

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009