From: Paul Fox <pgf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: larger characters?
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 23:11:49 -0500

is there a way (either standard DOS, or Poqet-specific) to get
fewer rows of larger characters on the screen?  i realize many
apps won't work if the screen's not 25x80, but for the one's that
_are_ configurable (or which don't care), it would be handy...

paul
=---------------------
  paul fox, pgf@xxxxxxxx (arlington, ma, where it's 35.2 degrees)

Re: larger characters? by Louis P. Santillan <lsantil@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Louis P. Santillan" <lsantil@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: larger characters?
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 22:00:11 -0800 (PST)

This is easily taken care of with a ASM compiled file.  Compiles down to
about 9 bytes (or ten bytes for 16 colors).  I suggest getting my NASM86
from <http://members.linuxstart.com/~fdcoder/>, writing this to a file,
then typing at the command line

nasm myfile.asm -o 40x25bw.com

do the uncommenting, then type

nasm myfile.asm -o 40x25col.com

;---- ASM file below ----------

XOR AX, AX ; Make AX = 0, 40x25 BW screen
; Uncomment next line for 40x25 16 color screen
; INC AX
IN 0x10
MOV AX, 0x4C00
INT 0x21 ; Exit to DOS w/zero for error code

;---- ASM file above ----------

Louis
"If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his a$$ when he hopped!"
                          - Red Foreman of That '70s Show

Re: larger characters? by T. Cribbs <farris614@xxxxxxxx>

From: "T. Cribbs" <farris614@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 14:29:58 GMT

I'm not certain this program will work, but it is a "SKINNY" DOS program
that works on the HP 200LX.  Its named "ZOOM" and can be downloaded from the
"SUPER" page of HPLX.  The program is designed to double the size of the
characters.  This of course requires that you use the arrows to see the rest
of the screem.  I'm not sure of the size but I think its only about 10K  It
is a very small program.

Hope this helps

Tony

>From: Paul Fox <pgf@xxxxxxxx>
>To: poqetpc@xxxxxxxx
>Subject: larger characters?
>Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 23:11:49 -0500
>
>is there a way (either standard DOS, or Poqet-specific) to get
>fewer rows of larger characters on the screen?  i realize many
>apps won't work if the screen's not 25x80, but for the one's that
>_are_ configurable (or which don't care), it would be handy...
>
>paul
Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009