From: "Steve" <smb@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v004.n016
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:57:49 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: <poqetpc-errors@xxxxxxxx>
To: <poqetpc@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 1999 3:10 PM
Subject: Digest poqetpc.v004.n016

> * replying to messages in this digest can be found at the
> * end of the digest.
>

> --------------- MESSAGE poqetpc.v004.n016.1 ---------------
>
> From: dedillard@xxxxxxxx
> Subject: File Transfer
> Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:30:41 -0400
>
> Dear Poqet Folk--
>
> I'm getting tired of hooking up my cable and rebooting to transfer files
> from my Prolinear PS-1000 (almost a Poqet) to my desktop PC.  I've been
> doing some research into finding a PC card reader to read the 1 meg Sony
> Magic Link SRAM card I have.  What I'm finding is readers that either
> won't function in a Windows 98 environment or won't read my SRAM card.
> I'm on the verge of buying a Kingston ATA Card Reader.
> (see it at www.kingston.com/flash/pcread.asp)
> The problem is that they won't assure me that it will read SRAM cards.
> It will work in the Win 98 setup.
>
> What do the rest of you do to transfer files?
>
> David

If I need to write direct to a card then I use my Libretto lap top which
reads and writes to cards with no problem. All I had to do was to add a line
to the CONFIG.SYS and to locate some software on the WIN95 disc. I can't see
why this would n't work with Win 98. If your interested I'll have a look at
the Lib's config.sys and e you the details.

Steve

Re: Digest poqetpc.v004.n016 by DMorse154@xxxxxxxx

From: DMorse154@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:50:02 EDT

I will offer you 25.00 for every thing.
Don Morse

Greetings by crayon <crayon@xxxxxxxx>

From: crayon <crayon@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Greetings
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 23:44:19 -0700

Hello all i have just subscibed to this list. Let me tell you a bit
about my self. I receintly aquired a poquectPC classic from a swap meet
for 5$us took it home a fierd it up ... got the "black line of death"...
ive hacked the thing appart and put a new cable in black line appers to
be gone (except for when i reset it comes back briefly)... so whats the
trick guys how to i turn this guy on ... do i need a sram card or what?
... or perhaps i have just made some slopy soldering bridges ? anyone
have any guesses?

--Christopher

Re: Greetings by Louis P. Santillan <lsantil@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Louis P. Santillan" <lsantil@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Greetings
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:01:29 -0700 (PDT)

Did you try using new batteries in the Poqet?  There is a little
latch-thingy above the keyboard that you lift and it should pop up.

"It's not about the money...It's about the rules.  Without rules,
   we might as well be tree climbers flinging crap at each other."
                          - Red Foreman of That '70s Show

Re: File Transfer by Virtual Bob <hey9811@xxxxxxxx>

From: Virtual Bob <hey9811@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: File Transfer
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:29:36 -0500 (cdt)

> I'm getting tired of hooking up my cable and rebooting to transfer files
> from my Prolinear PS-1000 (almost a Poqet) to my desktop PC.  I've been
> doing some research into finding a PC card reader to read the 1 meg Sony
> Magic Link SRAM card I have.  What I'm finding is readers that either
> won't function in a Windows 98 environment or won't read my SRAM card.
> I'm on the verge of buying a Kingston ATA Card Reader.
> What do the rest of you do to transfer files?

You can either try to work with PCMCIA, or use intersvr/interlnk. I don't
know what Prolinear's DOS version. But on Poqet, it formats the SRAM card
into odd format. I'm kinda fuzzy about this, but I think I was able to
access it by re-formatting the SRAM card under MS-DOS 5.0. With MS-DOS
5.0's signature in the boot block with the geometry that Poqet recognizes,
I was able to transfer files back & forth with SRAM card.

To use interlnk/intersvr, put the INTERSVR.EXE onto the Prolinear. When
you want to transfer files, just connect the cables and run intersvr -- no
reboot required.

Any unsolicited e-mails will be charged US$500 per e-mail,
plus court cost.
Your contribution to Bill Gates' personal wealth: US$288.26
Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009