From: dedillard@xxxxxxxx
Subject: File Transfer
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:30:41 -0400

Dear Poqet Folk--

I'm getting tired of hooking up my cable and rebooting to transfer files
from my Prolinear PS-1000 (almost a Poqet) to my desktop PC.  I've been
doing some research into finding a PC card reader to read the 1 meg Sony
Magic Link SRAM card I have.  What I'm finding is readers that either
won't function in a Windows 98 environment or won't read my SRAM card.
I'm on the verge of buying a Kingston ATA Card Reader.
	(see it at www.kingston.com/flash/pcread.asp)
The problem is that they won't assure me that it will read SRAM cards.
It will work in the Win 98 setup.

What do the rest of you do to transfer files?

David

Poqet things forsale by Erik Ekman <eekman@xxxxxxxx>

From: Erik Ekman <eekman@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Poqet things forsale
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 17:49:03 -0700 (PDT)

After going through my things, I think I can live with just one Poqet
computer.  I'd like to sell some of the things I don't need.  Please
contact me privately if you are interested in any of these things.

1 Poqet computer, model PQ0181.  Working condition.  Minor scuffs and
scratches, but no problems.  Includes the velcro-like port cover, but does
not include the genuine leatherette carrying case.  Sorry.

1 Poqet floppy drive.  Works.  The casing has seperated and is begging to
be held together with duct tape, but the floppy works and includes cable.

2 Parallel Port Cables

2 Serial adaptors (both 25pin)

1 Serial data transfer cable

1 4mb Poqet flash card.  I haven't been able to get this to work in my
omnibook 530.  I think the omnibook may have a problem with the card's
voltage.  It reads it, but won't write it.

1 2mb Poqet sram card.

1 512k poqet sram card

1 Worldport 2400 baud pocket modem.  Includes acadaptor, phone cable,
poqet mobilizer card and 64k (!) sram card, along with box and manuals.

Erik Ekman
Spanish Department
Drew University
Madison, NJ 07940