Volume 004, Number 009, 14 Sep 1999

  1. Re: black line by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Re: black line by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: black line
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:26:43 -0700

Hi Luis,

Does the black line dissapear while you're pressing the reset button?  If
the answer is "no," then it's possible that your reset button isn't
working.  It's possible that dirt can accumulate under the reset button and
render it non-functional.

If the black line does dissapear while you're pressing the reset button,
then your display cable is most likely gone.  You can try to replace the
cable (it's difficult but it's been done before), or you can put the Poqet
to good use as a doorstop (something else that's been done before -- no
kidding, I once used a dead Poqet PC Prime to hold the door to the Customer
Support area open when the air conditioning in that room was out).

-- Bryan

At 05:56 AM 9/9/99, you wrote:
>When I start my Classic, the booting stops at a black line without getting to
>a prompt.  I changed batteries, reset, let it rest, curse it, to no avail.
>Should I throw it away or is there a cure?   Luis Camnitzer

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009