Volume 004, Number 007, 8 Sep 1999

  1. Re: Compact flash by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Re: Compact flash by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Compact flash
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 17:22:51 -0700

The adapters for compact flash cards turn them into ATA flash cards which are
compatible with PCMCIA revision 2.1.  The Poqet PC Classic doesn't support
PCMCIA 2.1, however, it only supports PCMCIA revision 1.0.

So the short answer is no, I don't think that you'll be able to use the compact
flash cards in your Poqet PC Classic.

-- Bryan

At 03:32 AM 9/4/99, Steve wrote:

> My Psion 5 uses compact memory cards which are coming down in price and
> rising in MB so I now have 2 redundant cards of 2 and 4 MB. Am I being naive
> or could the Poqet use these with a converter? Kingston manufacture such a
> device which fits a type 2 socket. Could I use this and partition the card to
> use on my Classic?

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009