Volume 003, Number 091, 25 Jun 1999

  1. Re: Digest poqetpc.v003.n090 by Geoff Sullivan <sunfish@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Re: Digest poqetpc.v003.n090 by Geoff Sullivan <sunfish@xxxxxxxx>

From: Geoff Sullivan <sunfish@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v003.n090
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:31:32 -0700

> disk), and a flash-programmable disk drive."  i just want to verify
> whether the "flash-programmable" part is internal or external.  (in
> addition, the CA Digital marketing text says "Internal drive "D"
> stores 1-MB of flash ROM; 128KB for BIOS and the remainder of the ROM
> is available for user application programs."  again, is it writable
> by the poqet itself?)

Drive D: is an internal Flash ROM.  It is programmable using
FLASHUTY.EXE which is installed on the D: drive.  Save a copy of it to
an SRAM card or other storage device BEFORE you fool around with drive
D:.  It's also a good idea to save everything originally on the D: drive
before you mess with it.  And don't mess with the BIOS area or you're
SOL!

> and this brings me to one more question -- if i have data in
> the main memory's ram disk, and the 2 to 8 hour battery power gives
> out, i guess i lose my ram disk?

No. If you set up the Ramdisk using RAMDISK.SYS, drive E: and it's
contents will survive when your battery is discharged.
--
   .       >(  )<        sunfish@xxxxxxxx     .
Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009