From: Geoff Sullivan <sunfish@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v003.n088
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 13:18:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 20 Jun 1999 poqetpc-errors@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I took the modem to another PC-compatible machine and using the
> Card Wizard, it saids the modem is configured for COM3 and IRQ5.
> It hints there is a way to change the configuration but it
> doesn't tell you how. Assuming I can somehow "reconfigure"
> the modem to COM1 or COM2 (which I don't know how to do yet),
> perhaps this will make a difference...?

COM3, IRQ5 is the port configuration for the slot in the machine you tried
Card Wizard on.  I don't see how you can pre-configure a modem to these,
or any, settings.  It's the port you have to configure.  See Bryan's
I still think you were on to something when you discovered PQMCP and it's
command structure.  Maybe Bryan did have a memory lapse and was mistaken
about the Megahertz modems.
              \\                                             Geoff Sullivan
 \\   ....;;;;;;;;;;o.      _ \\                      sunfish@xxxxxxxx
  )):;;;;;;;;;;;;;(;;;(     (~~~`--------------        geoffs@xxxxxxxx
 //    ''       //                              http://www.gis.net/~sunfish

Re: Digest poqetpc.v003.n088 by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 16:03:26 -0700

At 10:18 AM 6/20/99, Geoff Sullivan wrote:
>... Maybe Bryan did have a memory lapse and was mistaken about the
>Megahertz modems.

You know, as more people have problems with these Megahertz modems, I'm
becoming less sure about the fact that they really do work with the Poqet
PC Plus.  I'm a little worried that I did have a brain cramp and got the
PCMCIA support of the Poqet PC Plus confused with that of the 325Point,
which I know for sure supported the Megahertz XJ1144.

Sorry, I know that's not what you all wanted to hear.  I'll see if I can
dig up some documentation next week to support or refute the support of
Megahertz modems on the Poqet PC Plus.

-- Bryan

Re: Digest poqetpc.v003.n088 by Monty Walls <mwalls@xxxxxxxx>

From: Monty Walls <mwalls@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 13:32:33 +0000 ()

Mason@xxxxxxxx (675*)

> At 10:18 AM 6/20/99, Geoff Sullivan wrote:
> >... Maybe Bryan did have a memory lapse and was mistaken about the
> >Megahertz modems.
>
> You know, as more people have problems with these Megahertz modems, I'm
> becoming less sure about the fact that they really do work with the Poqet
> PC Plus.  I'm a little worried that I did have a brain cramp and got the
> PCMCIA support of the Poqet PC Plus confused with that of the 325Point,
> which I know for sure supported the Megahertz XJ1144.
>
> Sorry, I know that's not what you all wanted to hear.  I'll see if I can
> dig up some documentation next week to support or refute the support of
> Megahertz modems on the Poqet PC Plus.
>
> -- Bryan

While I have not had a lot of luck so far with my
XJ1144 (despite Bryan's help), The XJ1144 is listed
in the load module for the pcmcia drivers as one of the
cards recognized....  And it really does try to initialize
it. (still playing with pqsetup settings).
-Monty Walls (mwalls@xxxxxxxx)
-	MIS(Technical Supt), Oklahoma Tax Commission
-
- My opinions are my own, my employer knows nothing about it.

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009