From: Al Wong <awong@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: PC Plus Battery Packs
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 18:57:26 -0700 (PDT)

I only get about 1.5 hours at MOST on my battery packs.
I want to get them refurbished to see if the new NiCads
will last longer. Does anyone know of a place that
refurbishes these packs??

Re: classic using pcmcia storage by David Wolf <dave.wolf@xxxxxxxx>

From: "David Wolf" <dave.wolf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: classic using pcmcia storage
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 22:06:32 -0700

Brian--thanks for the tip.  I was able to follow instructions and got the
Amity (Win95) to read the old SRAM card just as you indicated.  But now
something else came along to bother me a bit.  Maybe you (or others on the
list) know the fix.  After I tried out the SRAM card and found it worked,
when I put the other PC card back in, the dumb computer renamed the slot
Drive F: (when I put the SRAM card in, it renamed the slot Drive E:, and
before that, when the slot had the old card, it was called Drive D:)  There
seems to be some kind of dumb automatic adding of letters every time I
switch cards in that slot.  This wouldn't bother me, except that when I use
one of my shortcut icons to boot up my word processor from the PC card, the
computer doesn't recognize it, because the shortcut is from Drive D:, not
the current name, which is Drive F:  (At least, that's the name as of today,
as long as I don't go changing cards in that slot.)  Do you know a way to
turn off Bill Gates's Mad Alphabetizer?  Again, thanks!