From: faethor@xxxxxxxx (J. Lawrence)
Subject: flashuty
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 00:11:51 -0500 (CDT)

    Wait.  Am I reading this right?  There's a utility that will allow me to
re-write the (flash?)-ROM resident software/data?  On a Poqet Classic?  I'd
like to hear more..

Jay

Re: flashuty by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: flashuty
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 08:00:02 -0700

Close, but not quite.  FLASHUTY is a program that's used on the Poqet PC
Plus.  The Classic uses a masked ROM, so you can't reprogram it.

-- Bryan

Re: [flashuty] by Matthew Bryant <MatthewBryant@xxxxxxxx>

From: Matthew Bryant <MatthewBryant@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 20 May 99 17:15:49 EDT

Hello all,

I purchased a Plus of my own a month or so ago, and I've been surprised by the
lack of documentation on the model. I received a photocopy of the user's guide
with the purchase, but it has nothing on handling the Flash ROM, or using
Flash RAM cards. Does anyone have information on these topics or a lead to
someone who does?

I understand that there might be limitations on which Flash RAM cards you can
use due to voltage concerns. Has _anyone_ found a RAM card that works? Please?

I'd be glad to do a write up on any findings.

Matthew Bryant

Geoff Sullivan <sunfish@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 May 1999 poqetpc-errors@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> > can anyone tell me exactly what this utility is for? From what I can
> > work out from the online help, it appears to be a utility for
> > rewriting/dumping FlashROM.  Would that be the data for the D:
> > drive?  I'd like to recode the stuff on my D: drive (as much of it is
> > largely useless to me) but I'm hesitant to play around with a mostly-
> > undocumented utility.  Anyone with details who is willing to help
> > would be most appreciated?
>
> This is exactly what you think it is.  Use the switch /? to see some
> details.  If you'd like any more, email me directly.
>               \\                                             Geoff Sullivan

>  \\   ....;;;;;;;;;;o.      _ \\                      sunfish@xxxxxxxx
>  //    ''       //                              http://www.gis.net/~sunfish

Matthew Bryant

MatthewBryant@xxxxxxxx