From: Anthony Iannone <aiannone@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Chess Software
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 01:24:45 -0600

Try Chessmaster 2000 ;) it works well... and find BATPOPUP.EXE as a
great menu ;)

Re: Chess Software by Scott Kinder <Rkinder@xxxxxxxx>

From: Scott Kinder <Rkinder@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Chess Software
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 11:44:09 -0500 (EST)

Hi Anthony,

 Do you know where on the net I could find these programs?

Thanks,
Scott

PoqetLink cable by Tom Owad <tomowad@xxxxxxxx>

From: Tom Owad <tomowad@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: PoqetLink cable
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 99 13:29:22 -0500

I just purchased a Poqet PC Classic with a Lotus 124 card, 512k card,
floppy drive, and cases for the computer and floppy.  However, I have
neither a PoqetLink cable nor a cable to connect the floppy drive.
Without either of these, I have no way of getting date of the Poqet PC.

Does anybody have a cable for sale, or can suggest a workaround?

Thanks.

Tom Owad

Re: PoqetLink cable by Scott Kinder <Rkinder@xxxxxxxx>

From: Scott Kinder <Rkinder@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PoqetLink cable
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 23:05:44 -0500 (EST)

Hi Tom,

  Hopefully someone on this list will have a PoqetLink cable
otherwise you may want to contact California Digital:
http://www.cadigital.com/, they may have it (if someone on
this list knows otherwise, please let us know).

  One work-around would be that if you have a laptop with a
PCMCIA slot or a PCMCIA card reader, then you can plug your
card into that to exchange data between Poqet and PC. There
is information in the Poqet Faq on modifications to apply
to the CONFIG.SYS file in order to use this method.

  As far as obtaining a cable for the FDD -- I have the same
problem (the seller never sent it). This is a rare item, so
you'll probably have to wait until someone else's FDD breaks
before a cable becomes available.

Good Luck,
Scott

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Tom Owad wrote:

> I just purchased a Poqet PC Classic with a Lotus 124 card, 512k card,
> floppy drive, and cases for the computer and floppy.  However, I have
> neither a PoqetLink cable nor a cable to connect the floppy drive.
> Without either of these, I have no way of getting date of the Poqet PC.
>
> Does anybody have a cable for sale, or can suggest a workaround?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tom Owad

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009