  1. Re: New user / Software Compatibility by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Re: New user / Software Compatibility by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New user / Software Compatibility
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:38:15 -0800

Hi Scott,

No, the NMIs do not occur when power management is turned off.

This reminds me . . . the Poqet can also have problems with programs that
use floating-point emulation libraries.  Whenever a floating point
operation is executed on a system that doesn't have a math coprocessor, an
interrupt is generated that uses the NMI vector.  The floating-point
emulation libraries capture the interrupt and complete the math operation
in software.  However, most floting-point emulation libraries assume that
they'll be the only one using the NMI vector, so when the Poqet uses the
NMI for power management stuff, it can get a little messy.

-- Bryan

At 01:04 PM 3/15/99, Scott Kinder wrote:
>Bryan,
>
> Do these interrupts still occur when power mode is deactivated
>with the Poqet-Key combination?
>
>I'm having intermittent (lockup) problems with certain DOS programs and
>turning this off seems to improve things, but then I'm suddenly
>locked again.
>
>Thanks for the info...
>Scott

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009