  1. How-To List (was "Faq modification?") by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
  2. Re: New user / Software Compatibility by Scott Kinder <rkinder@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

How-To List (was "Faq modification?") by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: How-To List (was "Faq modification?")
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:19:36 -0800

Hi all,

I think John's suggestion is great!  If anyone wants to write a "How To"
document, just e-mail it to me or the mailing list and I'll post it on a
new "How To" section of the Web site.  I will, of course, give each author
credit.  Topics that I can think of include:
- How to remove the hinge pins so the hing doesn't crack
- How to take the computer apart
- How to supply external power to the Poqet PC Classic/Prime
- How to hook up an interlink/interserver connection
and I'm sure there are others.  If anyone has suggestions for How-To
topics, send them to the mailing list -- I'll keep a "Suggestion Box" of
How-To topics that we all can address when we have the time.

I know there's been alot of "how to" information disseminated on this
mailing list, but it would be great to get it all into a single location
where it would be of use to everyone.  I looked at the Linux HOWTO area,
and I have to admit that the Linux format is probably too detailed for what
we need.  I think that the main sections of a Poqet How-To would include:
1) Title, Author's Name & E-Mail Address, Date
2) Short Summary of What's Being Discussed
3) Detailed Description

If you all can just send me text files with that information, I'll turn it
into HTML and post it to the site.

Also, If anyone has any "how to" information on the Poqet PC Plus, that
would be good, too (I'm probably going to add information on the Poqet PC
Plus during the next couple of months).

I think this will be a great area and will really help out all the Poqet
users out there!

-- Bryan

[...]

From: "Scott Kinder" <rkinder@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: New user / Software Compatibility
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:04:00 -0500

Bryan,

 Do these interrupts still occur when power mode is deactivated
with the Poqet-Key combination?

I'm having intermittent (lockup) problems with certain DOS programs and
turning this off seems to improve things, but then I'm suddenly
locked again.

Thanks for the info...
Scott