From: "Scott Kinder" <rkinder@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: New user / Software Compatibility
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 21:40:32 -0500

Hi Poqet owners,

 I aquired a Poqet Prime off of eBay last December.
I just recently started experimenting with it. It
works great. There are some extras that I will be
selling off (look for my next post).

I've found that some programs work just fine and others
just refuse to work (some simply lock up the computer
requiring a reboot or reset). I thought I'd share some
of my experiences with the Poqet community:

 Surprisingly, PKUNZIP.EXE locks up the computer requiring
the reset button to be pressed.

 I was disappointed to see that Stereo Shell is one of
the programs that doesn't run on the Poqet PC either.
This is a great directory-viewer and program/file-launching
DOS Shell utility.

Now for the programs that do work:

Edchess: This is an excellent chess program that works
perfectly on the Poqet. It is available from The Poqet PC
Home Page: http://www.best.com/~bmason/PoqetPC/index.html

List.com: I consider this program a "must have" for the Poqet PC.
This is a directory viewer; a text file reader; a program launcher
and more. It also works great on the Poqet. (Don't remember where
I got it though).

EVA.EXE: This is a movie player. It can be found at S.U.P.E.R.
Unfortunately the audio doesn't work and it makes an annoying
scratching sound on the Poqet. Some movie files can be found
at the same site. TIP: 1. Don't use the batch files that come with
the movies -- some are set up for faster computers. 2. Remember
to switch to graphics mode before running the program.
The URL for S.U.P.E.R. is: http://www.palmtop.net/super.html

LXPIC.COM: A .JPG and .GIF picture viewer. Works great on the
Poqet! TIP: 1. Use the /I switch to reverse the graphics.
2. Remember to switch to graphics mode before running the
program. This program can also be found at the S.U.P.E.R.
Website (see above).

QBASIC.EXE: This works, but I've experienced lock ups. Do
frequent saves!

FROTZ.EXE: An interpreter for INFOCOM text adventure games
(also known as "Interactive Fiction"). It works perfectly on
the Poqet. You can get this program as well as information
on where to find the many games available for it at the
INFOCOM web site: http://www.csd.uwo.ca/Infocom/interp.html
(Select DOS Frotz).

Well, I hope this information is of help to someone. As
someone else on this list mentioned -- it would be nice to
know what programs are compatible with the Poqet. Maybe this
is a start.

Scott

FS: Lotus123, Wordperfect, Poqet Flash, FDD by Scott Kinder <rkinder@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Scott Kinder" <rkinder@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: FS: Lotus123, Wordperfect, Poqet Flash, FDD
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 21:54:37 -0500

Hi Poqet owners,

I have a few extras that I'd like to sell or trade:

 Lotus 123 ROM Card
 Wordperfect 5.1 ROM Card
 Poqet 4 Meg Flash RAM Card

My asking price is $75 or best offer for all 3 cards.

I'd like to sell them all together, but I will
consider individual offers.

I also have the Floppy Disk Drive without the cable
(the seller never sent it!) - May make a good backup
for someone who already has an FDD (and the cable!).
Make an offer.

I'd also like to find a Poqet Manual. I'd prefer one
for the Prime, but the Classic manual would be close
enough. Name your price or include in purchase for one
of the items above.

Scott rkinder@xxxxxxxx

Re: Lotus123, Wordperfect, Poqet Flash, FDD by Roger Fulton <fultonr@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Roger Fulton" <fultonr@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Lotus123, Wordperfect, Poqet Flash, FDD
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 21:58:12 -0500

>I have a few extras that I'd like to sell or trade:
>
> Lotus 123 ROM Card
> Wordperfect 5.1 ROM Card
> Poqet 4 Meg Flash RAM Card
>
>My asking price is $75 or best offer for all 3 cards.
>>Scott rkinder@xxxxxxxx

Scott- I'll give you the $75 + postage if these are still available

THanks

ROger Fulton

Re(2): FS: Lotus123, Wordperfect, Poqet Flash, FDD by Scott Kinder <rkinder@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Scott Kinder" <rkinder@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re(2): FS: Lotus123, Wordperfect, Poqet Flash, FDD
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 11:21:47 -0500

Hi Poqet owners,

The PC cards have been sold. I still have the Floppy Disk Drive
without the cable for sale (or does somebody know where I can
find a cable for it?!).

Thanks,
Scott

Megahertz Modem Setup for Plus? by Monty Walls <mwalls@xxxxxxxx>

From: Monty Walls <mwalls@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Megahertz Modem Setup for Plus?
Date: Sun,  7 Mar 1999 14:18:18 -0600 (CST)

I'm trying to setup a Megahertz XJ1144 PCMCIA modem on
a Poqet Plus.  So far I'm having no luck.  I load
the card, power-up system, the run PQCCU.EXE/PQCARD.EXE,
then I can't access any serial ports.

So what's the magic?

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009