  1. Faq modification? by John E. Hayes III <jeh25@xxxxxxxx>
  2. Re: Welcome to the world of PoqetPC's by Richard Kanarek <rkanarek@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Faq modification? by John E. Hayes III <jeh25@xxxxxxxx>

From: "John E. Hayes III" <jeh25@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Faq modification?
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 20:30:28 -0500

Our illustrious leader, Bryan, wrote:
> Yes, it is true that if you're using a Serial Port Adapter with your Poqet
> PC, you will need a null-modem adapter or a "lap-link" cable to get
> PoqetLink to talk to your desktop computer.

I figured as much, but the faq was not too specific. I tried an null
modem cable and still couldn't get it to work. PQlink would connect but
I couldn't mount the drives. Then I had a brainstorm. (Light Bulb!) I
remembered that Dos 3.3 didn't allow drives larger than 40 mb and thus
didn't like my HD. Anyway, I came up with a work-around I'm sure many of
you have already thought of: run vna and pqlink from a floppy. I also
thought about making a ram disk and using that.

I come from a linux background among other things and have thus been
spoiled by community based documentation. Thus, I was thinking we might
emulate this positive feature and generate some HOW-TO documents for the
Poqet community. I think this would help folks out there new to the
poqet. Steps that may seem obvious to long-term users may be confusing
to newbies. If you aren't familiar with linux HOWTO documentation,
please check out <http://www.linux.org/help/>. Best of all, there is
even a HOWTO on how to write HOWTO's.

Anyway, happy poqet'ing!

john

Re: Welcome to the world of PoqetPC's by Richard Kanarek <rkanarek@xxxxxxxx>

From: Richard Kanarek <rkanarek@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Welcome to the world of PoqetPC's
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 12:01:50 -0800

Dear Mr. Oram:

Just a short note to say thanks for the well written & informative post!

Keep up the good work!

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009