  1. Re: Another intro by T.C. Martindale <tcmartindale@xxxxxxxx>
  2. New Poqet Owner/ Serial question by John E. Hayes III <jeh25@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Re: Another intro by T.C. Martindale <tcmartindale@xxxxxxxx>

From: "T.C. Martindale" <tcmartindale@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Another intro
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 20:53:36 -0500

>If you use it very often, beware of the infamous hinge problem. I bought
>mine new from California Digital few years ago. I rarely use it, and mine
>has already developed a hairline crack along the darn hinge...
>
>The best way to circumvent this problem is pull the original cotter pin
>out of the hinge, and install a less stressful screw+nut into it.

Thanks for the tip.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If it's very
prevalent, maybe Bryan could note that in his FAQ and post instructions on
the fix.

So how does the screw and nut work?  I can see the cotter pin through the
open hole in the screen hinge, but the other end of that is closed over.  Do
you drill out that hole to put a nut on the other end?  Sorry if I'm a
little dense, fix-it stuff certainly isn't my forte.

Chris

New Poqet Owner/ Serial question by John E. Hayes III <jeh25@xxxxxxxx>

From: "John E. Hayes III" <jeh25@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: New Poqet Owner/ Serial question
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 22:23:49 -0500

Hello all-

I just recently joined the world of PoqetPC owners. I managed to get a
Classic w/ Wp5.1 and a 512k SRAM card for $40!

Anyway, I was looking for a definitive answer to a question regarding
serial connections on the PoqetPC. My PoqetPC came with a serial
adapter. I attempted to use pqlink to connect to my desktop box using a
serial cable and a gender changer. This did not work. Thus I assume that
I need to use a null modem cable or adapter to connect the male db25 on
my PoqetPC to the male db25 on my desktop box. Is this the case?

Thanks

john hayes

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009