  1. Re: Geoworks on poqet. by Anthony Iannone <aiannone@xxxxxxxx>
  2. Re: Digest poqetpc.v003.n035 by Arr Livingston <arrliv1@xxxxxxxx>

Digest Articles

Re: Geoworks on poqet. by Anthony Iannone <aiannone@xxxxxxxx>

From: Anthony Iannone <aiannone@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Geoworks on poqet.
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 04:12:21 -0600

Zog well kinda...

I had a poqet calssic with 2 2mb sram cars. And I stacked on drive using
stacker 4.5 (yes stacker 4.5) to about 3.2mb. But it was slow as hell,
and only held a very very minimal Geoworks 2 system. I actually had much
better luck with Windows 3.0 in real mode. But it can be done of you
really want to.

From: Arr Livingston <arrliv1@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v003.n035
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 20:27:31 -0600

AN ONE THOUGHT OF A COTTAGE INDUSTRY OF BURNING SOME OF THESE PROGRAMS ON
EPROM OR SOMETHING FOR THE POQET??

poqetpc-errors@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> [...]
>             its own DOS. Poqet DOS will be able to use a floppy drive,
>             RAM drive, or printer on the second computer, but not a drive
>             appreciably larger than 30 megs. For full use of all drives
>             install INTERLNK on the computer with the later DOS.
>
> Regards,
> Anna
>
> copies to jmercer@xxxxxxxx and to poqetpc@lists.best.com
>
> --------------- MESSAGE poqetpc.v003.n035.4 ---------------
>
> From: Virtual Bob <h93young@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v003.n034
> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 15:06:12 -0600 (CST)
>
> >>to make it easier, try System Commander....For that matter, have you
> >>tried loading Geoworks under the DOS prompt?
>
> >Yes, I've seen a few of these do-it-yourself directions, I even
> >downloaded one from a GeoWorks fan.   His wasn't as simple as
> >going to the semi-DOS prompt, though.  System Commander does
> >look easier, and safer, and they have a $20 rebate going.
>
> There are other free ones floating around -- notably those packaged with
> FreeBSD and Linux. If you kiss up with someone owning OS/2, you can also
> try that (which is also packaged with Partition-It or something).

> >of other programs.  Any reason why GeoWorks wouldn't work
> >on the Poqet Classic, given a 4-meg card?  Might have to dupe
> >GeoWorks into thinking drive A is C and vice versa temporarily,
> >I forget?  That was part of the trick of loading SuperStor on the
> >T1000SE (drive E there), by using the old DOS utility "Assign."
>
> I think I was able to get a old GeoWorks (v 1.1 or something) to work on a
> 512KB machine -- but never tried on the Poqet. I imagine the first problem
> will be the storage. And since I only got one 2MB card, I probably would
> never try that. Have you try to unload everything to free up the memory
> before running GeoWorks?
>
> ------------- clip here with virtual scissors --------------
> Keyboard stuck error. Press F1 to continue.
> Any unsolicited e-mails will be charged US$500 per e-mail,
>   plus court cost.
> Your contribution to Bill Gates' personal wealth: US$288.26
>
> --------------- END poqetpc.v003.n035 ---------------
>
> * POQET PC LIST SUBSCRIBERS:   When replying to digest messages,
> * please change  the subject  of your reply  to something useful
> * (instead of "Digest poqetpc.v001.n067"), and edit the contents
> * of the message, quoting text where appropriate.
> *
> * Also, make sure that the "To:" field in your reply is set cor-
> * rectly. Some mail readers may automatically send your reply to
> * <PoqetPC-Errors@xxxxxxxx>,  so  if you want  to reply to
> * sender of the message or to the entire maililng list,  you may
> * have to adjust the "To:" field of your reply.
> *
> * To unsubscribe from the mailing list,  send a message with the
> * word "unsubscribe" to <PoqetPC-Request@xxxxxxxx>. If you
> * have any questions,  please feel free to send a message to the

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009