From: Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v003.n030
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 21:42:24 -0500 (EST)

The POQET to serial port cable is what is commonly used for file
transfers; the POQET manual covers how to do it; (as do Bryan's archives
of this list) the method of transfer by PC/PCMCIA card (the POQET was the
first use of these (Type 1) cards for PCs) is faster. I think it would not
be any problem if you save files in either ASCII (as from VDE) or the same
word processor format you are importing to (as Word Perfect of the same
version).

Cal Digital's cables are indeed overpriced. There have recently been
posted here POQETs and accessories more reasonably priced; check the
archives.

Livewise, the archives have instructions ( I think) for making a POQET cable
from the cable to the print head of old/nearly ubiquitous Okidata dot matrix
printers. I know I have more than of these old printers lying around if
you cannot find one for cannibalizing or an easier route to your
cable/data transfer technique.

     Michael Fetterman
Voluntary Clinical Assistant Professor
of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery
    University of Miami
  d005041c@xxxxxxxx

 The problem with the Universe is
 NOT that it DOESN'T make sense, but
 rather that it ALMOST makes sense..

                      Lord Rutherford

 If your experiment requires statistics,
 you ought to have done a better experiment..

                      Lord Rutherford

Re: Don Ferguson's questions by Daryl L Hardes <daloh@xxxxxxxx>

From: Daryl L Hardes <daloh@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Don Ferguson's questions
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 21:54:38 -0500

Don

My Toshiba 3400CT recognises my Poqet card
OK, my Gateway Handbook does sometimes.
I format the card with the DOS format command.

VDE works in the Poqet, but I had some
problems (conflicts with power management?).
I use older versions of QEdit and LIST, works
fine.  You can search directories for word strings:
list *.*/F wordstring (ENTER, and:  ALT a
(repeatedly).

Small, older versions of DOS programs can be
found in filepile.com.  NYWord is there, works
fine except for dropping wordwrap in Poqet
once in a session sometimes, turn it back on.
Takes more space than QEdit, does more. For
example, you can shell to DOS to use a utility
to bring back info automatically into a NYWord
window.  Example:  locate wordstring (ENTER).
(LOCATE is an old PC Mag utility.)

Of use also for editing work is the utility
COMPARE, compares two version of a file.

Daryl Hardes (writer/researcher)
daloh@xxxxxxxx

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Re: Digest poqetpc.v003.n029 by John Oram <norami@xxxxxxxx>

From: John Oram <norami@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v003.n029
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 13:34:39 -0800

Peter:

Sorry I missed you.

I'll send you a check for $60 and then you can hold the PoqetPC and
stuff until I can pick it up.

John O

poqetpc-errors@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> * replying to messages in this digest can be found at the
> * end of the digest.
>
> --------------- MESSAGE poqetpc.v003.n029.1 ---------------
>
> From: Peter Vieth <fitek@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Regarding Poqets for sale
> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:16:41 -0800
>
> Well, I got four inquiries about the Poqets, and have decided just to
> get rid of the three extra I still have left. The only fair way I can
> think of then is first come, first serve, in which case
> jmercer@xxxxxxxx, daloh@juno.com, and norami@unlimited.net get 'em,
> unless someone changes their minds...
>
> --------------- END poqetpc.v003.n029 ---------------
>
> * POQET PC LIST SUBSCRIBERS:   When replying to digest messages,
> * please change  the subject  of your reply  to something useful
> * (instead of "Digest poqetpc.v001.n067"), and edit the contents
> * of the message, quoting text where appropriate.
> *
> * Also, make sure that the "To:" field in your reply is set cor-
> * rectly. Some mail readers may automatically send your reply to
> * <PoqetPC-Errors@xxxxxxxx>,  so  if you want  to reply to
> * sender of the message or to the entire maililng list,  you may
> * have to adjust the "To:" field of your reply.
> *
> * To unsubscribe from the mailing list,  send a message with the
> * word "unsubscribe" to <PoqetPC-Request@xxxxxxxx>. If you
> * have any questions,  please feel free to send a message to the
> * list owner at <PoqetPC-Owner@xxxxxxxx>.

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009