From: Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Let's hire Jerry to find Poqets...
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 07:34:21 -0800

Howdy!

Regarding...
> Daryl L Hardes wrote:
> > Jeesh, Jerry...
> > Poqets for $10 and then $5.  Rub it in.
> >
> *** I've been thinking about this.  The ways of Silicon Valley are strange
> and hidden.  There are undercurrents not visible to the naked eye.
>
>    Both of these Poqets were obtained from the same sort of folks - people
> who buy and sell Silicon Valley junk.  At times, a glut of certain things
> will appear on the market.  I remember when every surplus dealer seemed
> to have boxes of Novell NE2001 Ethernet cards, all down-rev, for good
> prices.
>
>   I'm theorizing that a bunch of Poqet stuff may have changed hands recently
> at an auction or something - maybe a company going out of business, maybe
> Fujitsu cleaning house, who knows?

Once upon a time, Canal Street in (extremely) lower Manhattan (NYC) used
to be full of shops selling surplus electronics. Unfortunately at its
height I was too busy suckling to do any serious shopping <g>. Now
there's only one surplus electronics store left. Lucky bastard. <g>

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

Poqet Classic for Sale? by Art Taylor <taylor003a@xxxxxxxx>

From: Art Taylor <taylor003a@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Poqet Classic for Sale?
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:34:49 -0800 (PST)

Does anyone have a Poqet Classic they're interested in selling?

I understand they're going for about $10 used ;)

Ha - just kidding.  If you're interested in selling, let me know at
what price.

 Thanks,

   Art

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009