From: Jerry Kaidor <jerry@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Let's hire Jerry to find Poqets...
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 09:33:43 -0800 (PST)

Daryl L Hardes wrote:

> Jeesh, Jerry...
>
> Poqets for $10 and then $5.  Rub it in.

*** I've been thinking about this.  The ways of Silicon Valley are strange
and hidden.  There are undercurrents not visible to the naked eye.

   Both of these Poqets were obtained from the same sort of folks - people
who buy and sell Silicon Valley junk.  At times, a glut of certain things
will appear on the market.  I remember when every surplus dealer seemed
to have boxes of Novell NE2001 Ethernet cards, all down-rev, for good
prices.

  I'm theorizing that a bunch of Poqet stuff may have changed hands recently
at an auction or something - maybe a company going out of business, maybe
Fujitsu cleaning house, who knows?

                        - Jerry

Re: Jerry's odd FD cable by daloh@xxxxxxxx (Daryl L Hardes)

From: daloh@xxxxxxxx (Daryl L Hardes)
Subject: Re: Jerry's odd FD cable
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:12:47 -0500

Jerry-

My floppy disk drive controller cable, standard
issue with drive, does have a different model # on
it than your "prototype" or whatever it is.  Mine
says PQ-0511A.  If you are rummaging through
your "tube vendor's" junkpile and spot what
looks like an extra-thick Classic, red line around
the middle and all, that's the  floppy drive.  It cost
over $400 new;  mine was included with my first
Classic for $300 used.  But yours when you
find it? Maybe he'll pay you $5 to take it, why not.

As I mentioned by email, yes there is a serial port on
the back of the FD, I used to it connect a mouse.
None of my paperwork tells me the answers to your
questions about the FD, though.

I have a spare manual, worth about $5; swap for a
Classic?  :-)

Daryl

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Re: Procomm in POQET by Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>

From: Michael Fetterman <d005041c@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Procomm in POQET
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 19:27:14 -0500 (EST)

Is your Procomm 2.4.2 on a ROM or RAM card ?

I think there are other good, and more compact comm software for DOS, as
COMMO, LYNX, and others.

Can you comment what specifically is inadequate in the POQET's internal
comm program ?

     Michael Fetterman
Voluntary Clinical Assistant Professor
of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery
    University of Miami
  d005041c@xxxxxxxx

Re: Let's hire Jerry to find Poqets... by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 22:49:51 -0800

Actually, Fujitsu cleaned house about 5 years ago.  How do you think
California Digital got all those Poqet PC's to sell?  B^)

-- Bryan

At 09:33 AM 11/17/98 -0800, Jerry Kaidor wrote:

>  I'm theorizing that a bunch of Poqet stuff may have changed hands recently
>at an auction or something - maybe a company going out of business, maybe
>Fujitsu cleaning house, who knows?

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009