Volume 003, Number 019, 14 Nov 1998

  1. Reply to new Classic owner "Jerry" by daloh@xxxxxxxx (Daryl L Hardes)

Digest Articles

Reply to new Classic owner "Jerry" by daloh@xxxxxxxx (Daryl L Hardes)

From: daloh@xxxxxxxx (Daryl L Hardes)
Subject: Reply to new Classic owner "Jerry"
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 09:56:53 -0500

Whoa,  Jerry!

The screen is no problem.  You can sharpen it
by holding down the blue Poqet key and tapping
on the F6 and F7 keys.  Then it's just a matter of
learning to sit with light over your shoulder.  Can't
beat it in a park, in sunshine.

Granted, if you have football ham-fingers the
keyboard could be a problem, but for most that's
just a matter of practice, too.  I do 80+ words/min.
with my men's large-glove fingers.

You can get a copy of the manual from
California Digital, 310-217-0500, I think.
They might have a battery cover for you
in their junk pile, they sold the last of the
new Poqets not long ago.  See what else
they've got, cables etc.  Also ask for a disk
of Brian Mason's upgrade files, like for the
clock.  Or beg us.

PQWrite only handles small files.  For real work
I use LIST and an old version of QEDIT or NYWord,
all shareware or free (filepile.com), they work well
at 3v to conserve batteries.  LIST will search your
directories for word strings (list *.*/F wordstring).
Or I use askSam for DOS, searchable database and
word processor in one (904-584-6590; Perry, Fla.;
I dickered the price).  You'll want to download
the original Freecell while you're in the filepile,
for a great game on your wonderful toy.

...however long you keep it!

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009