From: Alan Bloom <abloom@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Now for a REALLY stupid question
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:27:32 -0700 (PDT)

I just bought a Poqet PC from California Digital.  It came without
a manual, but by poking around I was able to find the battery
compartment and installed a pair of brand-new AA alkaline batteries.

Now for the stupid question:  How do you turn the silly thing on?

I've looked everywhere and can't find an ON/OFF switch.  I hit the
RESET key, pressed CONTROL/ALT/DELETE, played with the two POQET
keys that are supposed to adjust the display contrast.  But the
display remains blank.

So I admit it.  I'm an idiot.  What am I doing wrong?

Alan Bloom

RE: Now for a REALLY stupid question by MOY, WILLIAM <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>

From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Now for a REALLY stupid question
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 10:56:46 -0400

Red I/O.

Re: Now for a REALLY stupid question by Alan Bloom <abloom@xxxxxxxx>

From: Alan Bloom <abloom@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 09:43:51 -0700 (PDT)

"MOY, WILLIAM" wrote:

> Red I/O.

Thanks for the suggestion.

The problem turned out to be a defective unit.  It ran a new set of
batteries down in a couple hours.  (I measured the battery current
at 160 mA!)  Back it goes to California Digital.

From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 12:55:26 -0400

Just to let you know that when I purchased mine form California Digital,
it came with a photocopied manual.  FYI.		-Bill

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009