From: daloh@xxxxxxxx (Daryl L Hardes)
Subject: Help for Arno and Bill?
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 13:01:28 -0400

Arno, from Daryl

I bought a Poqet parallel cable recently from California Digital in the
USA.  He's selling them now at a reduced price.  The phone number
is 1-310-217-0500, 8am-5pm Pacific time.  The address is 17700 Figueroa
Street, Gardena, California, USA 90248

Bill, from Daryl

I vaguely recall my first Poqet's screen doing funny things when the
cable was giving out.  All four have been sensitive to static electricity
when connecting my floppy drive. I touch all reachable metal while doing.
 I got by without a rubber stopper in one Poqet for quite a while. I'm
crossing my fingers that your problem stems from something like clammy
fingers, since mine are always dry!  I don't want to fry my last two
Poqets, so I'm waiting for your answer, too.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Poqet PC vs. HPC by marku@xxxxxxxx (Mark M Ulrich)

From: marku@xxxxxxxx (Mark M Ulrich)
Subject: Poqet PC vs. HPC
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 22:57:32 -0400

Hello,

First I'd like to say "Hello" to all the Poqet PC users, I am new to the
list.  I do NOT have a Poqet PC, but I was deciding if I should get one
or not.

I already have a Windows CE - Handheld PC that is great.  It runs all
Windows CE programs and I love it!  I use it for everything and I bring
it anywhere.  It is small and fits in my jeans pocket.  It also has an
8088 computer emulator so I can run ALL DOS PROGRAMS for 8088 machines!

So, do you think a Poqet PC would be a good thing to get?  I am not sure.

Thanks,
Mark Ulrich

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

RE: Poqet PC vs. HPC by Yujin Nagasawa <ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Yujin Nagasawa" <ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Poqet PC vs. HPC
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 23:28:24 -0400

Hello,

> it anywhere.  It is small and fits in my jeans pocket.  It also has an
> 8088 computer emulator so I can run ALL DOS PROGRAMS for 8088 machines!

XT-CE is very slow and a Poqet has a better keyboard, but
if you really like you Windows CE machine, I don't think you
need to buy a Poqet.

Regards,
Yujin

----------
Yujin Nagasawa

E-mail: ynagasaw@xxxxxxxx
           QWK11240@xxxxxxxx
----------

RE: Help for Arno and Bill? by Zevenhuizen, Arno <azevenhuizen@xxxxxxxx>

From: "Zevenhuizen, Arno" <azevenhuizen@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Help for Arno and Bill?
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 08:11:50 +0200

Daryl,

Thank you for your reply. As you maybe also it is very hard to get any
Poqet stuff. In europe they are not even sold. I realy need an cable, so
I am going to call them for sure. Only your daylight time is our night
time.

Thanks,

Arno

Re: Omigod! They've Killed Kenny!! by Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>

From: Bryan Mason <bmason@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Omigod! They've Killed Kenny!!
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 23:41:32 -0700

Hi Bill,

I think that what other people said was correct about the batteries
probably not being the problem.  If I remember correctly, the power supply
inside the Poqet is pretty forgiving, anyway.

Do you keep your Poqet inside a briefcase or other such case where it might
get squished a little?  It's possible that something is pressing the case
together just right so that something is shorting out inside the unit.  I
don't remember this being a problem with the Poqet, but it's possible.

Sorry I can't provide more information -- this just isn't something I've
heard of before.

-- Bryan

P.S. Dead Poqets make good doorstops.  They're not too heavy, but they're
thin enough so you can kind of wedge them between the bottom of the door
and the floor.  I used one once for such a purpose.

Sounds like the beginning of "101 Uses for a Dead Poqet."

Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n092 by Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>

From: Richard Kanarek <RKanarek@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Digest poqetpc.v002.n092
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 04:00:45 -0700

Greetings!

First, to Mr. Zevenhuizen:
www.cadigital.com is selling off the last of their parallel cables. (I
don't know if they have any serial cables.) They normally charge an
appaling $70-$75 dollars (AFAIK) for the cables but are now selling the
remains for $35 (again, as I recall).

General:
BTW, they are also selling the last of their Poqets ("open boxes") for,
if I remember correctly, $119 each.

Messrs. Moy & Mason:
Thanks for telling me about the additions to the Poqet web site and for
telling me about them (respectively)!

I've been trying to think of gentle way of reminding you (Mr. Mason)
that its been (apparently) a significant amount of time since you last
made any of your most generous contributions to the Web site's Poqet
documentation. I'm happy that will no longer be necessary! Thanks!!!

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

RE: Poqet PC vs. HPC by MOY, WILLIAM <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>

From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 10:53:47 -0400

Hi Marku, welcome!

I cannot see why you would *need* one since the 8088 emulator sounds
like it's working fine, unless your collecting side would like to own
the very first palmtop for $149 (open stock price from California
Digital, they have 15 units at that price left as of yesterday.)  It
also may not be a bad idea to have one as a bare bones workhorse.  Can
you share PCMICA cards (Type I) between the two units?  Also, losing a
Poqet rather than a WindowsCE unit would make me feel a lot better in a
bad situation.  I believe touch-typeability is better than any current
CE unit.

Remember, Poqet only has 512K RAM and unless you have software that can
emulate XMS memory it's not expandable.  I love my little Poqet, I love
the price, and I love to tinker with it or rather try my best to do the
absolute most with it's limitations.

I heard that there was a "DOS" emulator for WindowsCE but wasn't sure
how to get it, if it was commercial software or if it was bundled with
CE.  When inquiring HP about running DOS programs on their first CE unit
and they said it wasn't possible (at that time.)  Can you tell me more
of the 8088 emulator, it's limitations and such??   Thanks, -Bill.

RE: Digest poqetpc.v002.n092 by MOY, WILLIAM <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>

From: "MOY, WILLIAM" <BMOY@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 11:36:28 -0400

Reply to RK's reply below...

Bryan, I'm not sure how it works on other websites, but is it possible
for your subscribers to upload favorite shareware or original programs
that work well on the Poqet?  Something like the excellent website for
(mostly) HP palmtop users, http://www.palmtop.net/super.html.  If that's
too much or just not feasable, how about a page dedicated to user's
links and software comments rather than combing the archives?  It's just
an idea...		-Bill

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009