  1. Thanks for welcome, software answer, Poqet functionality, a by daloh@xxxxxxxx (Daryl L Hardes)

Digest Articles

Thanks for welcome, software answer, Poqet functionality, a by daloh@xxxxxxxx (Daryl L Hardes)

From: daloh@xxxxxxxx (Daryl L Hardes)
Subject: Thanks for welcome, software answer, Poqet functionality, a
	"future" question.
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 02:00:48 -0400

Thanks to you, Anna,  and to Richard for the tips, which I did not know,
as well as to John for the one I did about NetTamer (if I can ever figure
out how to use it!).  I relish
garnering tidbits to make my Poqet more functional for the work I do (and
for fun as well, perhaps with that lean Tetris clone you wrote, Richard).

Anna, you had me wondering if I'd gotten the version of FREECELL that
runs on my Classic from www.jumbo.com or another shareware/freeware site,
so I double-checked and it was indeed the "filepile" as I said.  I went
back in and picked the DOS area to search, under GAMES (there are several
operating system categories).  This is what the address line then read:

			http://filepile.com/nc/cs3?combodos

Then I typed "freecell" in the search box and got several, of which the
last one - FREECELL.ZIP (20K, for CGA/Mono) - is the one that worked for
me.

After introducing myself to you-all, Poqet-in-hand I  spent a typical
afternoon (for me) with a family of UFO experiencers.  I clicked away
unobtrusively as the bright-eyed but shy 8-year-old told me more about
the "round house" that's been coming to her back window since she was
four and the beings that come through the closed window to play with her.
Nice not to have to look for an AC outlet and miss details while waiting
for a boot.  I'd already typed notes years ago on Poqet #1 while walking
around the property, hearing the parents' version while looking at a
leaning tree by the kid's window that was upright before the encounters.
Later that evening, yet another experiencer kid, nine, wanted to know how
much my Poqet cost and leaned pretty hard on her mom to get her one (to
no avail).  The talk amongst adult experiencers went on into the wee
hours on a patio with no power outlets visible,  so my notebook stayed in
its case while my Poqet caught the details.

So here's my question:  I'm sorely tempted by the new Toshiba Libretto
T100, 800x480 color screen and Windows 95 in the Poqet form factor, but
the battery wouldn't have made it through the day I just described.  My
Poqets still can't be beat for my purposes; at least until the new
reflective color screens converge with very low power-drain chips and
low-demand/high capacity cards, and show up in a Poqet size. Can't the
powers at Fujitsu Poqet see the potential in being first with such a
device?  I want an updated Poqet when mine give out!

Daryl

Date Created: 30 Nov 1996, Last Modified: 13 May 2009